Sign in to follow this  
RogerC

My new gas filler & cap

Found this on ebay for $19. I previously nabbed a couple more without the hose flange and was figuring out how I was going to use them when I found the flanged one. Modified my taillight panel today to utilize it.

Found this on ebay for $19. I previously nabbed a couple more without the hose flange and was figuring out how I was going to use them when I found the flanged one. Modified my taillight panel today to utilize it.

That's a neat and clean gas cap does it screw on and off?

I can't seem to locate it on eBay what did you key in search bar?

thanks

Its a Newton aircraft fuel cap, retails about $120 or so through aircraft parts dealers. I searched aircraft parts. the receptacle has half round slots which match with half round knobs on the cap. Lift tab and turn CCW 1/8 turn to open The cap pictured is non-locking. I have others that are locking and plan to use one of those, keep it from walking off in someones pocket.

So if one were to have an already painted car would that thing cover up the existing bolt holes, or maybe use a few of them and then drill a few extras where needed to hold it in place?

If it will cover existing and just needs a few holes added, im going this :-0

That is SICK

Chuck, thanks

Mike, with an already painted car you could elongate the top hole & drill for the remaining 5. The bolt circle is slightly smaller than the factory holes on the panel, it looks like the flange bc is 3" diameter. Also the center opening needs opened up to what looks like 2.55" diameter according to what I just measured. The OD of the flange is about 3.7", I think that'll cover the holes completely.

If you can't find one on ebay, buy from aircraft parts dealers. They're cheaper than ATL or Fuel Safe. Both carry this and from what I can tell its the same parts just more expensive through them.

Edited by RacerX
more info