Sign in to follow this  
Chelby-Ann

1969 Mustang Beltline Installation - HELP

I just took a look at the felts on my doors and: I don't have that exact clip but do have a screw hole in the metal at the rear of the door at the felt area. Roughly in line with the ext. door button. Suggest you take a look ? Brian

Not sure what you mean but if anyone has this same beltline with this clip end I could sure use some help.

I'm not 100% sure either. My old outer door glass seal did not have the

clip or it is long gone. Any way my new ones does and looking at how the rubber/felt is formed on the old ones which are still on the door verses

the new one it would put the clip toward the back and turned down.

Hope this helps.

Dave

I bought replacement weather-stripping and had the same type as you. Mine fit with the tab facing down toward the latch end of the door. The holes didn’t line up correctly the other way; plus the rounded edge needs to face up to shed water. If you reverse them they create a channel that can catch water. The inner felts fit the opposite from the outer felt strips; channel facing up on the inside. I thought they would have faced the same, but the holes didn’t line up correctly in order for the ends to fit flush with the door.

i bought replacement weather-stripping and had the same type as you. Mine fit with the tab facing down toward the latch end of the door. The holes didn’t line up correctly the other way; plus the rounded edge needs to face up to shed water. If you reverse them they create a channel that can catch water. The inner felts fit the opposite from the outer felt strips; channel facing up on the inside. I thought they would have faced the same, but the holes didn’t line up correctly in order for the ends to fit flush with the door.

thank you!

Does anyone know the point of that tab? My drivers door window stainless rear trim caught the rivet on this tab and ripped the tab all to hell. Now I need a new beltline w/s, but they don't sell them by themselves :(

I was able to pick up LH/RH Beltline weather stripping yesterday. Does this end shown in the picture go towards the front of the car or back. Thanks

Who has installed these on their car? There has too be a right way and a wrong way to install them on each door. They are not marked RH/LH. Once they are installed they are a PAI to get off if you don't bend them all up trying to. Thanks again

thank you!

As I said in my last post I have an original door that still has the

inner beltline on it which will show the orientation, but it does not have the clip if it would help you I could take a picture of it.

just let me know.

Dave

Since they changed the design from the original, I would make sure you use a small screw at the end. The originals had a clip at the rear plus a screw.

I put a small screw just in that place. Will post pictures over the weekend for future posts/use.