Sign in to follow this  
Cwkd9

1969 Convertible V8 Single Exhaust to Dual Exhaust

Everyone, looking for some help. I just picked up a 1969 Mustang Convertible. It came equipped with the 302 V8 2v. Currently, it has the standard factory single exhaust installed. I am looking to upgrade the exhaust from single to dual, but wondering if anyone else has done this, how it turned out, what 'kit' you bought and if you are happy with the change.

I am looking for some additional performance and better sound.

Open to any and all suggestions.

Thank for your help lads.

[ATTACH]15099[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15100[/ATTACH]

Edited by Cwkd9

I went with the magna flow stainless 2.5" kit running long tube headers. Had to get creative going up through the tunnel over the bottom plate. Welded a 1" square tube to give me the extra room and is all tucked in nice. Sounds great I think and cant wait to open it up legally. Lol

I went with a 2-1/4" system from Mustangs Unlimited and it works very well. If I were to do it over again I would go with a 2" system because my engine doesn't need 2'1/4" and routing anyting over 2" thru the transmission tunnel is tricky, as Jerr man noted.

I went with the magna flow stainless 2.5" kit running long tube headers. Had to get creative going up through the tunnel over the bottom plate. Welded a 1" square tube to give me the extra room and is all tucked in nice. Sounds great I think and cant wait to open it up legally. Lol

Any pics of your creative mod?