Sign in to follow this  
Mr.CNC

Cowl hood on 69?

I had a 4 inch cowl on a second gen camaro.... It was a nightmare to see over I was always spooked I was gonna run over some little kid at a crosswalk or something(and I'm 6'3" to boot) but it changes the whole field of view from inside..... And I know this is gonna sound snide and I really don't want it to seem that way but scoops look balls on the classic stangs me thinks....

I need some coverage. I am putting a 6.8 v10 in my car and I want to daily drive it as much as I can. I am making a throttle body elbow to face it backwards and have a pan to shroud the air filter. I would like to have the filter fit most of the way up in the cowl. Not much room left under that hood. I am doing the most I can to fab everything. I did find a hood I can cut up and make it work.

I need some coverage. I am putting a 6.8 v10 in my car and I want to daily drive it as much as I can. I am making a throttle body elbow to face it backwards and have a pan to shroud the air filter. I would like to have the filter fit most of the way up in the cowl. Not much room left under that hood. I am doing the most I can to fab everything. I did find a hood I can cut up and make it work.

AND WHERE'S THE BUILD THREAD????? That sounds like a VERY interesting project.

Chuck

EDIT: Ok, it appears you do have a Build Thread. Something for me to read during lunch....

Edited by MustangChuck

Zstang, how makes that hood? It looks nice. Not to much rise, perfect fit. Is there a reason why the front of the hood doesn't line up?

my hood was custom built. at the moment it doesn't line up hopefully because the car was hit in the front. i am about to change the right fender (it is too twisted to fix). if it still does not line up i will have to have another one made. i had bought a new hood (not ford tooling) and had the mold pulled off it. that hood fit the same way. the under bracing is like the stock hood.

Good looking hood and great cars guys. I am thinking about buying a hood and glassing on a scoop. not sure how that will work out but I have a few ideals. 1 is a NACA scoop in the front lead angle kind a like a viper. The 2nd would be to leave a center ridge and 2 openings on either side of it in the front.

I have lots of work in front of me. I am trying to pick a transmission now.