Sign in to follow this  
THE EVIL TW1N

Low voltage at turn signal flasher

Im getting low voltage at the turn signal flasher. Sometimes, It'll read at 11.xx, but as soon as switch a turn signal on, it sinks to about 1v or so. It then stays there. Its not the flasher. The brake lights work fine, its a new turn signal switch harness too. I had the turn signals were working properly, but then had the car at a body shop where it mostly sat for 3 months. The car isnt driveable, so its not like they would have been driving it. Well, anyways, now that I got it back, the turn signals arent flashing and Im getting this irritating problem. Ideas?

Check the fuse holder and clean the tabs.

Possiable loss of voltage under load from poor fuse connection.

thanks. Would you happen to know which fuse it is? I've followed the diagram, I'm thinking its the center fuse with the black/green wire.

The fuse is one on the corner, but there are 4 corners. The upper one towards the outside, or upper left as you are looking at it.

The same fuse works your back-up lights, do they work?

The fuse is one on the corner, but there are 4 corners. The upper one towards the outside, or upper left as you are looking at it.

The same fuse works your back-up lights, do they work?

i dont know, i dont have back up lights on it yet lol the car is in the process of being restored.

Also, what do I use to clean them with?

Best way to clean fuse clips is to remove the entire harness out of the car, place it in a seal-able bag except for the fuse box, remove the fuses, and put it in a sand blasting cabinet. Blow air on it afterwards and apply dielectric grease to all metal contacts.

Alright, I used my dremel, they cleaned up ok. It didnt improve the problem tho.

Turned out the connection at the back of the ignition switch wasnt so great. I pressed in that harmess as much as I could and it fixed it. Thanks guys for the suggestions.