Sign in to follow this  
rchappelear

1969 Mustang "Grace"

Is that a metallic paint? It looks nice but I have to say I was kinda hoping for the Acapulco Blue that was visible in your door jams when you bought it.

I'm jealous your car is looking so nice. I can only afford to work on mine myself so not thorough tear-down and restoration.

Since i didn't need to spend alot of money on sheet metal work due to the condition of the car. I decided to do a few modifications that stood out to my as eye sores. First is the panel below the rear window of the car. I never understood why it needed to be a seam. Finally the rear lower valance, I have read so many horror stories of fitment. So i bough a repop valance (didn't want to destroy an original panel) and had them weld it to the body of the car.

I'm curious how the car looks with the seam filled in and smoothed out? Also, did you do anything with the approx. 1" piece at the bottom rear of each quarter that welds to the trunk dropoff? I am thinking about rolling this up flat or cutting it off. Not sure if it's a good idea, though.

Since i didn't need to spend alot of money on sheet metal work due to the condition of the car. I decided to do a few modifications that stood out to my as eye sores. First is the panel below the rear window of the car. I never understood why it needed to be a seam. Finally the rear lower valance, I have read so many horror stories of fitment. So i bough a repop valance (didn't want to destroy an original panel) and had them weld it to the body of the car.

I'm curious how the car looks with the seam filled in and smoothed out? Also, did you do anything with the approx. 1" piece at the bottom rear of each quarter that welds to the trunk dropoff? I am thinking about rolling this up flat or cutting it off. Not sure if it's a good idea, though.

One thing i DO NOT like is the large TMI logo stitched so you can see it through the door glass.

Like someone will not notice that these are TMI's product

I figure for the amount of money paid for these they would have left their advertising off my car.