Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

15x7 or 15x8 in front? What do you have.

Going to go with the 15" for now. Too many little things to do before thinking of wheel upgrades. I've looked at Dodgestangs wheel chart, but I'm interested on what you guys have been using with stock suspension

What seems to be the widest (FRONT) with stock suspension.

Tire size, rim size and backspace PLEASE!.

I was thinking 245 or 235's, 15x8, 4.5 backspace?????

Thanks you!

a 15x8" should be fit fine, as long as your back spacing is correct. Besides that, as long as everything lines up (back spacing, alignment, camber, etc) you should be able to run up to a 255 size tire.

Sorry, unsure of exact back spacing, as my wheels came with the car.

Fronts are 215X70 on 14X6 rims, rears are 255X60 on 15X8 Cragar aluminum drag stars

DSCF0032.jpg

I see a lot on here run the 255 in the rear, is that pretty much because the 265 or 275 dont fit reliably? I mean I know guys stuff bigger tires than 255 in there but there must be a reason most stop at 255?

275 seems to be pretty tight on the standard 15x8 4.5bs Magnum. I have seen a few with it and it look like it may rub.

I have 255 in the rear on 15x8 and 225/60 up front on 15x7. I used to run 235s in the front but I had a little rubbing, and when I painted the car I didn't want to deal with that.

Back in the day I had 295/50r15s on 15x8 Centerlines and they definitely rubbed.

Ive got 15x7 4inch Back space with 235-60-15 up front and 15x8 with 4.5 in backspace and 255-60-15 in the back so far they fit good with no rubbing but I don't have the front fenders on yet. After all of my research on here and other forums I concluded that the only way to keep the 275-60-15 from rubbing is to roll the fender lip in so I went with the 255 to be safe. They look pretty good.

Edited by 1969mustang

Ive got 15x7 4inch Back space with 235-60-15 up front and 15x8 with 4.5 in backspace and 255-60-15 in the back so far they fit good with no rubbing but I don't have the front fenders on yet. After all of my research on here and other forums I concluded that the only way to keep the 275-60-15 from rubbing is to roll the fender lip in so I went with the 255 to be safe. They look pretty good.

What tires did you go with?