Sign in to follow this  
rwcstang

TCP, GW, Maier or SOT?

hey everyone so I have a dilemma... Im at the point of my build where I want to upgrade the front suspension due to the 392w Im installing. Now there are so many things to choose from, Im just not sure where to start.

anyone have any experiences with any type of kit? which is good and which is bad? seems price range is about the same :hammer: so thats out of the question.. lol again, input is appreciated.

I currently Have the Front & Rear Vintage Venom brake kit with upgraded GAT 4.5 mid eye leafs.

hey everyone so I have a dilemma... Im at the point of my build where I want to upgrade the front suspension due to the 392w Im installing. Now there are so many things to choose from, Im just not sure where to start.

anyone have any experiences with any type of kit? which is good and which is bad? seems price range is about the same :hammer: so thats out of the question.. lol again, input is appreciated.

I currently Have the Front & Rear Vintage Venom brake kit with upgraded GAT 4.5 mid eye leafs.

how much track time? A lot of guys put in racing suspensions on cars that only see street time and it is complete overkill. I have the GW tubular UCA and LCAs and L11 Cat5 rear leafs and Konis all the way around. I got good service from Doug and can vouch for the quality of their stuff.

I went SOT, haven't recieved it yet, but will post it when I get it. I have used Bilstein products before, and love them. Shaun is a great guy, easy to work with, and knows about the product that he sells first hand. I was going to buy from TCP, but the shocks made the choice easy for me to go with SOT. I ordered the entire kit, brakes and all. It is easier to use one company's product (IMO) since it was made to work together.

well, it will probably see no track no time since the only track near me is 2+Hrs away. I do want to do some autocross but 90% of the time it will be mainly street driven with the occasional "spirited Driving".

well, it will probably see no track no time since the only track near me is 2+Hrs away. I do want to do some autocross but 90% of the time it will be mainly street driven with the occasional "spirited Driving".

It's your money. You could box your control arms to strengthen them, add stiffer springs and better shocks and have all the suspension you need. Or you could splurge on a race car set up.

i just got my streetortrack kit today for the front seems to be the best kit and ride quality i will install it this weekend email shaun he will help you out

let me know how she rides! I will email him today.

Im still undecided though, I was going to head over to Maier Racing since they are 20-30 minutes away from me.

but Im starting to like SOT more and more, since they posted a video of the car's suspension in Action.

Agree! Overkill = overspend. Consider upgraded stock parts too: http://www.opentrackerracingproducts.com/products/

You'd be amazed what your "stock" suspension can do!

That said I have had tons of track and street time from both Global West and Total Control. Same same...

Open Tracker is on the list aswell, I herd great things about their roller spring perches and DIY arm kits. so that may be an option...

the thing is with this car is that I have always felt Uncomfortable with the steering and suspension. I just felt like I was riding a wild horse at times on the freeway and felt I had no control but im sure of course that was bump steer at play... Im actually curious if the shelby drop would eliminate the bump steer? currently the car is lowered with 620s and riding on KYB gas adjusts

Open Tracker is on the list aswell, I herd great things about their roller spring perches and DIY arm kits. so that may be an option...

I have the OT spring perches on my car and they are completely worth it. Also, Let me tell you how awesome John Dinkel is. I bought a second hand set of roller perches off 4MuscleMachines at stangnet, who did not include the bolts. The topic of OpenTracker spring perches came up in another thread and I said that I wished I could say one way or the other because the secondhand ones I got did not include the bolts. I got a PM from John who asked for my address and he sent me the bolts to the Netherlands for free. He passed up the chance to very publicly offer to do it in the thread but instead did it privately in a PM. Full many a flower is born to blush unseen and waste its sweetness on the desert air. Well, I rectified his modesty and that right quick and shined a spotlight on his awesome customer service, even if I wasn't really his customer. You can do business with him based on a virtual internet handshake. His word is golden.

Edited by BigDuke6