Sign in to follow this  
puzzledeagle

Would this fuel injection system work on a 302 V8?

If you're talking a 1969 era 302, I'd have to say no without a LOT of work. Gonna need the computer with it too. I've seen alot of modern 5.0's swapped into classic Mustang bays with the EFI replaced with a carb but haven't seen a classic 302 with a late model EFI added.

Thanks for the info guys. Seller says it does come with a computer and some other sensors too. But is it really that simple, you'd just simply bolt the manifold into the engine block with no other modifications along with adding a fuel pump to the gas tank for it?

It's a great system to run. You'll also need to set up high pressure feed and return for the fuel system, change the gear on the distributor to one compatible with your non roller camshaft, and ideally change the camshaft to one with a 351 firing order, as that's the firing order of the 5.0 ho motors that equipment came off of.

It will work without changing the cam, it just fires cylinders 3 and 5 of the injectors out of sequence, as the 351 and 5.0ho motors flip them. (1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 for the 302, and 1-3-4-2-6-5-7-8 for the 5.0 HO and the 351).

I'm runnig mustang injection like that on the 351 in my bronco, and am getting ready to install it on the 289 in my brother in laws 64.5 mustang. I'm planning to use the same ford electronics to inject a cleveland for my mustang, but with a vertical throttle body and the mass air meter in the air cleaner throat to run a shaker on top.

I've done EFI swaps over a pair of weekends before in Early broncos, the ford electronics really are pretty simple, and extremely reliable. The biggest thing is to inspect the harness for signs of cuts, or burns, as well as broken connector housings, that's the stuff that makes a used harness rough to use.