Sign in to follow this  
Chelby-Ann

Chelby-Ann - Off to Paint

Well that day finally came. I took her to the paint shop yesterday. After 8 years she is finally ready for paint. I chose a 2011 Ford Dark Sterling Gray Metallic with a black stripe paint scheme that I wanted. Angelo will block and prime 3x to get all the line and gaps spot on. Should be ready by mid March. Lots of long hours went into getting her to this stage in her re-birth. Kinda had a tear in my eye looking in the side view as she towed behind. It was a great feeling of accomplishment. I have included a picture of what she looked like 8 years ago.

Great job ,Car looks like its going restomd , I spotted Shelby side scoops . Cars going to look great in your colour choice . How long did that take you to decide ?

Cheers Kevin

hopefully the paint shop wont her to long.....

you going to be able to drive her home?

Thanks Guys

Actually I always thought I wanted to paint her Boss Yellow but had second thoughts and changed my mind to a gray. It was only the last 6 months or so I dialed in on the Sterling Gray. I feel that the Sterling Gray, Black stripes and the chrome accents will make her look like a muscle car.

I'll have her back mid March.

Although I have the new engine installed and running, I have not yet fabricated the new brake lines for the 4 wheel disc brake set up yet and have not installed the drive shaft yet. The fun stuff is yet to come.

I have been staying in touch with the shop and monitoring thier progress. I have been going stir crazy without the car here. Gonna go out and see the car on Saturday. Angelo sent me some pix. Enjoy cuz I sure did. I also think these rims are going to look awesome on the car.

Congrats, If it took eight years I'm not even half way there yet. Thanks for the update. It keeps guys like me motivated; and jealous. :thumbup1:

WOW only 8 years. I have had mine for 11 1/2 years & I am still at least 6-9 months away from paint . Chelby-Ann the car is looking good, I like the rims & think they will good on your car too.:thumbup: