Sign in to follow this  
69convertible

69 convertible restomod in england

Absolutely beautiful! I am restoring my 69 convertible also. Expensive!!

Your not wrong about the cost , + Shipping to the uk $$$$$$$$$

But its worth it , You got to have what you want in life , You cant take the $ or £ with you .

The shroud for the rad , I was thinking of fabing one if i use the belt driven fan , or may fit a electrical driven fan .

Got any pics of you car ?

Cheers Kevin

Been busy working on the interior & wiring

100_7987_zps4afcf4a3.jpg

100_7989_zps9b5f41ab.jpg

100_7991_zps9db187fd.jpg

100_7990_zpsfeac00d2.jpg

Then fitted grills to shelby side scoops

100_7993_zpsbfeccacb.jpg

Then fitted rear quarter window

100_7994_zpsb887b256.jpg

That is the original dash pad sprayed in high coat interior paint , Easy to use & make a good job, Lucky no cracks in the dash pad, but it has been in the uk all its life ( not to much sun to crack it )

SAM_0781_zps11e907bb.jpg

SAM_0776_zps877fd800.jpg

100_7988_zps92b21556.jpg

Cheers Kevin

Few pics from this weeks work

100_8018_zps1a95323f.jpg

100_8019_zpse4e0290b.jpg

100_8020_zps8667e5b3.jpg

Been doing the engine bay wiring , :-<:-<:-<

What i trying to do is keep as much of the loom out of sight as i can, Running the main engine bay loom under the engine, The wiper loom should come through the bulk head then through upper cowl to the wiper motor , that looks a mess so now that loom runs inside the car up through the lower cowl to the wiper motor .

100_8027_zpsae021f29.jpg

100_8022_zpsac5a3475.jpg

100_8025_zps8f3f51a8.jpg

Cheers Kevin

Seats look real nice.

Did someone cut up your quarter trim? I can't tell from the pics but looks like it doesn't quite line up with the metal panel that has the window cranks. I just recovered mine so it's on my mind.

All wiring finished , everything works ! I hate wiring . Modified the looms for a clean look extending wires & reroute ,New windsheild fitted with the window weld ribbon , Fitted new steering wheel , I like the look of it , Its a grant . power top works , But need to fit the new black top . Fitted new front section of ebrake today , That was a crap job , Trying to feed the cable through 5 holes .

Need to fit engine & box next .

SAM_0889_zps5d2eeb58.jpg

SAM_0891_zpsfe194414.jpg

SAM_0884_zps799c50fa.jpg

SAM_0885_zps8234f80a.jpg

SAM_0888_zpsbe3cf903.jpg

Mike,

I'm pretty sure that is "cunifer" tubing (copper/nickel/ferrous alloy). Has a copper tubing look to it but is far and away better than plain steel. Very popular in Europe and standard issue on most high-end cars these days (Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin, etc.) It's starting to gain traction here in the US too. Very easy to use. Bends like a dream and flares easier than any steel brake tubing you will ever encounter. Great stuff.

Spot on SWPruett , Great stuff to use , Bends easy , Flares easy , Never rusts.

Mike , I think the company back in the sixtys only converted 50 mustangs to RHD , This was done when the cars were new . My car was built for export DSO 90 on the 18th april 1969 ,shipped over to the uk , arrived August 69 ,spent a few months in a work shop being converted to RHD , Sold new in 1970 to a company in north England (COMPANY CAR )I think, Then i bought it in 1995 , The 14th owner and have been working on & off it ever since , It was very rough & had all the usual mustang rot & bad repairs , I have had highs & lows with the car but thats half the fun when you drive your hard work down the road !