Sign in to follow this  
dennyb68

........It's ready to be STROKED........

Looks fantastic, what a quick turnaround! I would assume you're making some pretty good power with that beast. You may have to upgrade that fuel pump, it looks like a stock unit (maybe I'm wrong). I ended up using an Edelbrock pump good for 600hp on my 418 windsor.

Edited by chillininnh

It was a pretty quick turn around but It was all planed out because I can't stand for my car to be down for to long. I started with a 73 CJ 4 bolt block .030 over ,3.875 scat crank ,custom pistons so I could use my closed chamber heads with stainless valves and stay on pump gas. I got some Scorpion roller rockers and the cam was about the max lift that I could get and keep my vacuum up for my power brakes. I found a very nice Holley Strip domy intake and I have the Sanderson ceramic headers with 1 7/8 tubes. I also added a TCI street fighter transmission with a 3000 stall convertor. I would guess the HP to be around 450. The fuel pump is just a stock unit that I used to break it in. I had a Holley on it before but I had some issues with it. I don't think Edlebrock makes a pump for my Cleveland but I will check it out. I think the next step will be to add some cal-tracs and the mono leaf to the rear..

Edited by dennyb68

Any videos of it running?

Anything you would change on the engine rebuild.

I have a 1970 351C 4V, trying to decide what cam to use.

Are you happy with the one you picked, what gears do you have?

Can you give the cam specs?

Thanks

I have a video I'm just not sure how to post it . I shot the vid for the exhaust thread and couldn't get it posted. The cam specs are int.- exh.

adv dur 267 273

dur @ .o50 224 230

lift 525 525.

This is a custom ground Comp Cam and it was the biggest cam I could run with my build and keep my power brakes. I wouldn't change anything about the build. I went with the Holley Strip Domy and the big tube 1 7/8" headers because the builder was very clear that this is what was needed to make the Cleveland run at its best. I chose my builder from word of mouth that he was "The Guy" for Clevelands in my area. I also got rid of the FMX and got a TCI sizzler C-4 3000 stall converter and I have 3.70 gears. I has a lot more power that I can feel even though I haven't even had it over 4500 rpm it really rips it up. I now know for sure that I have a major traction problem.

The builder set up all of the internals. I had to have the pistons made because none of the out of the box pistons would allow me to use my closed chamber heads and keep the compression down enough to run pump gas.