Sign in to follow this  
dl69droptop

floor pan

First thing be patient. Second thing buy your panel then cut out the old so you don't cut out too much the first time around. In my experience it seems I find about twice as much is bad as I saw. On that note if you can spot weld okay and take your time and run a drill a cutoff wheel a grinder and a plasma cutter if you're lucky then it's a piece of cake. Just time consuming.

Is it necessary to remove the seat platforms to change the floorpans? You can also get floorpan sections that just do forward and aft of the seat platform. Is this a better way of doing things? Floorpans are next on my to do list.

On a vert necessary to cut out seat platform its one piece. I did on my 1966 found it pretty easy to do - hardest part was welding underside to rockers. Make sure you you brace up and try to get level if doing full floor. I would do full floor if both pans are needed - I think it a cleaner install.

It depends on how much rust you have. When I did my drivers side floor I was able to leave the seat pan as the rust was mostly in the toe board. On the passenger side I wasn't as lucky. I needed to drill out the spot welds on the front and sides of the seat pan to lift it up, leaving the rear edge welded to the floor. I replaced the floor pan about 1 inch index the seat pan and pushed it back down and welded it in place.