Sign in to follow this  
1957pistol

69 coupe/conv trunk lid or skin?

Why are these impossible to find? Anyone know of where I can find a skin or full repop. They seem to be a dime a dozen for the fastbacks but nothing for coupes. I have a "fixable" original lid, but its jacked up and with the time I'll have invested straightening, fixing, welding, (or sectioning) filler and sanding, I may as well have a new one.

thanks

Came accross for you.

For sale: an original 69 or 70 Mustang coupe or convertible trunk lid. This item is not currently being reproduced as aftermarket. Good condition, no rot nice edge seems. Asking $175 obo, located on the Westside of Cleveland, Ohio. I have pictures available, just send me your e-mail. thanks, eric

440-309-0690

I think he meant fastback repro's.

Might be a time to consider the swap to fiberglass unless you dislike the fastback spolier lip look. If you get strapped and don't mind fixing a small dent and plan to add a pedestal spoiler or mind filling in some small holes also I have an amazingly 100% rust free one that I might be pursueded to part with. I was eventually just going to use it as a canvas to attach all the parts the got totalled on my car and hang it on the garage wall someday as I have no intention of ever switching back from my Shelby fiberglass one now.

I bit the bullet and started seperating the spot welds and cutting today. I am going to slice a 8" (or so) piece from the lip to above the curve and about 18" wide. No better metal than new metal. I like the look of the original vs. the shelby. The shelby kickup is nice just not for what I'm going for. Thanks all, and if I destroy it, I'll be on the prowl for a new one. (-;