Sign in to follow this  
Daves69Coupe

Inner Door Mechanism

Is there supposed to be a clip that goes on the back side of the door lock? Ive tried just connecting the arm from the mechanism of the door lock but it falls right back off when I unlock the car.

Also where does the arm that come from the outer door handle connect to inside the door?

Is there supposed to be a clip that goes on the back side of the door lock? Ive tried just connecting the arm from the mechanism of the door lock but it falls right back off when I unlock the car.

Yes, there's a thin U shaped clip made of spring steel that has a hump in the two arms.

Also where does the arm that come from the outer door handle connect to inside the door?

You probably have guessed it connects to the door latch mechanism below. I don't have a picture to point it out, maybe someone else does.

Yes, there's a thin U shaped clip made of spring steel that has a hump in the two arms.

gotta look for this clip

You probably have guessed it connects to the door latch mechanism below. I don't have a picture to point it out, maybe someone else does.

yep thats where Ive connected it but the door but door is not latching and unlatching properly. They were working before I took it apart so they should work in theory.

Pics pics pics sure would help. Just throwing out a guess, are you talking about the clip that holds the vertical rod (pic) to the inner handle mechanism?