Sign in to follow this  
panteramatt

grease front swaybar?

If you are using rubber then no grease. The grease will cause the rubber to break down with time and they will squirt out like a slug being stepped on by a hippo. Now, if you are using poly, then yes use some grease as they tend to squeak. Bruce

I agree if it is rubber do not use automotive grease on it. Ipi could use powdered graphite or possibly a rubber friendly lube if they squeak, silicone or possibly white lithium grease.

Yeah don't use grease on rubber. Both are petroleum products and when combined they react and want to revert back to their original states. If you want to grease up rubber use a non petroleum based grease or synthetic. But in my humble opinion your won't need to grease rubber.

Rubber is also softer then poly so it gives more. Some people like the poly because it gives more road feel and responds quicker. Poly is also more jarring to your frame and suspension components. Remember, if you strengthen one area, the normal stresses a vehicle sees will be transferred down the link to the next weakest point. But then, unless your road racing, you won't know the difference. I used a combination of rubber and poly on my suspension. Bruce

I've heard dialectric grease works well for lubing poly bushings. What say you guys?

FYI, I installed the Polygraphite sway bar bushings from PST on a '69 Cougar that used to be my daily driver. Those bushings are impregnated with graphite. No squeaks! And they look mostly stock.