Sign in to follow this  
Boozshey

Bought a new project - 1969 Sportroof

So my long time dream was to always have a 69 Sportroof. I have never been big into Spec cars or matching numbers. So this was a perfect find for me and I got it for the right price.

I am deployed right now so there is no work being done to the car. The problem with being deployed though, is I have a lot of time now to put together the parts that I want.

So I do have a long parts list going. I've shared it on a couple forums and some people don't like it. But o'well, it's my car. :)

Here are some pics as of now.

Welcome! Ya know people said the same thing about mine.. Sell that piece of junk .. you'll never fix it up ... Damn are they eating their words now!

What are your plans for it? Looks like a good effort but should be fun!

Well I can't tell from the pics, my family picked the car up for me. But supposidly the body work is done. The pans need replacing though.

Car will be Black. I like black cars, have a 2005 Black GT, 2011 Black GT, and a Black HD. So This has to be black also!

As of right now, I will be building a 460+ (Haven't decided the stroke yet) topped with some Kaase Boss 9 heads (they will be placed on order as soon as they reply to my email). I am hoping that the Ford Powertrain Tri-Y headers will work. Tremec T-56 Magnum. I will figure out the driveshaft once everything is in and get one made.

The suspension will get the full TCI Stage 3 coilover kit. Which basically everything they offer with a currie Fab9 9" with 3.73's. 13" Wilwoods with 6 piston fronts and 4 piston rears, Wilwood Master.

Looking at getting some Schott Modmax Wheels. Not sure if 17" or 18" inch. Just started investigating sizes and then that will determine the tires. Not sure if I want to get the BFG KDWII's or some Toyo R888's... We will see when the time comes.

I will use a Ididit Steering colum, not sure on wheel yet. Rally seats, basic cup holdr center console with deluxe pad to match the seat stiching. Deluxe door panels with SS inserts. The instrument gauges cluster bezel and passenger side will be painted a SS as possible. And of course the interior will be all black.

I think that's the basics of it for now.

-Disclaimer... I know about the MII and TCI and blah blah blah... Nothing will change my mind in using it, so if you don't like it, please keep the comment for another thread.

That diver door is hiding (not very well) some surprises!

i think the surprise will be in the "a" pillar. if you look at the shot in the first post, looks to me like its pushed in at the front, thus cocking the hinges & pushing the door out a bit. ah, the fun of 40+ yr old cars!! good luck with the build & be safe over there!

I am eager to get started. 5 more months. I am happy with this platform as it's going to be my first attempt at restoring something, welding, and I have decided to lead the car rather than use filler. So it may take me a while, but I am hoping to learn a lot!

I did buy the car based on the first few pictures, other than that, it was unseen in person. I thought I was just buying the shell. But it appears that it came with a lot more stuff than I thought it would.

http://s1139.photobucket.com/albums/n551/Eleven-6/1969%20Mustang/

Well, I've finally made it home.

I inspected the car yesterday and I am not sure at this point I am going to restore it. I might turn it into a race car or something. But the inner frame is all rusted out. I didn't realize those area were as bad as they are.

In the end I am not sure I want to put that much time into it.

I am home... That's what the post above was saying... Not sure if I am going to restore it now. There is fiberglass everywhere. The previous owner said only the floor pans were fiber glassed. But there is fiberglass everywhere.