Sign in to follow this  
etel64

69 351w oil dipstick and tube

Problem: Stick does not register.Absolutley sure there is 7 Qts oil installed.

Background: Installed 7 Qt Aluminum T pan, Bodyshop lost tube and stick (yeah, I know, long story) Replaced with what parts house gave me.

Can anyone give me dimensions on the 351w tube and stick?

My tube us 13.00" and the my stick (handle not included) is 19.25".:mellow:

Serious answers please, or not . lol

Well I bought a dipstick which I was told for a 351 windsor so I would say you would not have to scour the junkyard. I filled the engine with 5ltrs of oil and it read correctly. The only problem is I bought it here in Australia and it came in a little plastic bag with no markings. So I cannot tell you who made it so you can find it there in the USA. Does that make sense?

:2guns:Hey yall, thanks for the info. much appreciated. ordered the chromey one and figure I will just use the stick. So its chromed, thinking of sandblasting the chrome off and making it fomoco blue.

:scared:Ah crap. just got the new chrome repo in and it measured tube = 11.25" (top to the nib) and the stick is 20.50". stuck it in the engine and it read right at the Add 1QT mark.

What do yall think? cut the existing 13.00" tube till the read is right?:001_unsure:

Hate to try and yank that thing out of there to cut it. cut in place may introduce metal in the oil !

Any suggestions please.

Do not cut it on the engine!!!! I would wait until the next oil change before you cut anything. Unless you built the engine and you are 100% sure it has the correct ammount of oil in it. If somebody else built the engine then just wait until your next oil change and fill it and see.