Sign in to follow this  
Powershift

351w stroker intake for Shaker use

I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here, so if anyone knows of a better way...or if I'm thinking in the wrong direction... I'm ALL ears! HA HA!

Well I can't really say it's a better way, but at least it's another option to consider: I took the front aluminum top cover to a machine shop and had them mill 1/2" off the sides and about 3/4" in from the edge. Then they facricated a sheetmetal cover to fit. I didn't want to cut on my trans tunnel anymore than I already have for shifter clearance. I was able to raise the trans enough to have the engine sit at 4.5 degrees, which is what I measured for the angle of the stock intake carb pad.

Talked to Zed at FOMOCO turns out the drop bases they sell are considered a drop base for a ford falcon.Which means both drop bases are factory height mustang air assembly bases that will drop a Falcon assembly 40 mm and 25mm respectivly.

Edited by Dangstang

Talked to Zed at FOMOCO turns out the drop bases they sell are considered a drop base for a ford falcon.Which means both drop bases are factory height mustang air assembly bases that will drop a Falcon assembly 40 mm and 25mm respectivly.

Ratus Fornicatius!

how about this for an idea? Use whatever intake you want and get a replacement 2003 Mach 1 hood and shape it to fit.

I saw this on You tube. The guy is running a 2004 mach 1 engine in his 1969 Mach 1. He is using a 2004 Mach 1 hood

as you can see here, it looks like it has a 1 -2 inch rise to it.

2004_00003_01.jpg

Edited by BigDuke6

how about this for an idea? Use whatever intake you want and get a replacement 2003 Mach 1 hood and shape it to fit.

I saw this on You tube. The guy is running a 2004 mach 1 engine in his 1969 Mach 1. He is using a 2004 Mach 1 hood

I have some great pics of that car. While VERY VERY cool, his hood modification is WAY more than I want to do with the body of my car.

I too will be doing something like you are. Although I wont be working with the elevations you are as I am running a modest Edelbrock carb and intake. Did you check out SreetKings thread? He didnt go into a great amount of detail but he pulled it off with a high rise intake. He claims the shaker isnt functional and is more or less a decorative lid for his breather.

standard.jpg

I had a Performer Rpm on mine (1970 351W - T5) but the hood would never close right. Always binding at the rear, sticking up putting pressure on the hood. The hood and shaker would shake in unison.

Changed mine to a Torker and it looks and sits right now.

I too will be doing something like you are. Although I wont be working with the elevations you are as I am running a modest Edelbrock carb and intake. Did you check out SreetKings thread? He didnt go into a great amount of detail but he pulled it off with a high rise intake. He claims the shaker isnt functional and is more or less a decorative lid for his breather.

Yep, I saw his thread too. AWESOME car. I may end up doing something very similar. I don't necessarily care if the Shaker is functional. I just love the way it looks.