Sign in to follow this  
TexasEd

Where does C4 dipstick tube strap bolt on?

My C4 dipstick tube has just been sitting in the fill hole and not bolted to anything. Where is the strap supposed to bolt on a car with 302?

The tube is suppose to have a tab which gets bolted to the bell housing.

The tube is suppose to have a tab which gets bolted to the bell housing.

I have the tab, but there is no hole in the vicinity of the tab to bolt to. I'm probably going to need a picture to help sort it out.

I checked the manuals but did not see anything on it and all the online pictures I turned up had it sitting loose (on removed transmissions) that is how mine is now.

The picture did not show up in the other thread.

Mike, I thought so, I can't figure out which one and none seem close enough to get it to go. I'm afraid the strap may be bent the wrong way which is confusing me. I have the dipstick in according to the curvature to get back into the engine bay.

Excellent!

My tab has been straightened. I need to put that twist back in it to bend it down so it can bolt up. The way it is now it lines up with the flat casting above it which you can see does not have a hole or bolt in it.

Edit: I was excited to see that I still had the original C9 number casting on the valve body and a tag (may have been a date code) with 3Y 4 on it. I need to look that up.

Edited by TexasEd