Sign in to follow this  
Daves69Coupe

Maier Racing Fenders

Anybody have experience with these fenders? I havent found actual pics of anyone using the maier racing fiber glass products (other then flares). Id prefer the carbon fiber ones from anvil but Maiers' fiberglass fenders are quite a bit cheaper. Id imagine there not as resistent to damage as carbin fiber.

Any input is appreciated.

Anybody have experience with these fenders? I havent found actual pics of anyone using the maier racing fiber glass products (other then flares). Id prefer the carbon fiber ones from anvil but Maiers' fiberglass fenders are quite a bit cheaper. Id imagine there not as resistent to damage as carbin fiber.

Any input is appreciated.

All I know is the fitment of their spoilered deck lid and end caps was terrible. Required waaaaay to much body work after the fact.

I know that is not the same category as racing fenders, but I know I'd never buy anything fiberglass from them again.

All I know is the fitment of their spoilered deck lid and end caps was terrible. Required waaaaay to much body work after the fact.

I know that is not the same category as racing fenders, but I know I'd never buy anything fiberglass from them again.

hrm, are you trying to widen the fenders? if anything i would have someone fabricate some out of metal and weld them on, I would think it would cost as buying FiberGlass. I would widen the fender like the agent 47 harbinger 99-mustang-agent-47-harbinger.jpg

hrm, are you trying to widen the fenders? if anything i would have someone fabricate some out of metal and weld them on, I would think it would cost as buying FiberGlass. I would widen the fender like the agent 47 harbinger 99-mustang-agent-47-harbinger.jpg

When we had our body shop we purchased a lot of glass parts from different suppliers--most will need some type of work in order to fit properly.

Absolutely, but in my case it was very excessive. Maybe I got a bad one, which isn't unheard of with fiberglass.

That mustang pictured above is mean looking!

When we had our body shop we purchased a lot of glass parts from different suppliers--most will need some type of work in order to fit properly.

Absolutely, but in my case it was very excessive. Maybe I got a bad one, which isn't unheard of with fiberglass.

That mustang pictured above is mean looking!

The maier ones are more on the wild side, whereas 99 out of 100 folks won't even notice the Anvil ones. So even before price, you have to decide on which look you want.

Regarding durability, I would say there is no difference in the real world. Any contact at all with either one will result in some damage. CF being much harder to repair cosmetically if it's not painted, of course.

I like that folks are starting to branch out with these cars finally. How many bone stock mustangs can you look at after 40+ years?

The maier ones are more on the wild side, whereas 99 out of 100 folks won't even notice the Anvil ones. So even before price, you have to decide on which look you want.

Regarding durability, I would say there is no difference in the real world. Any contact at all with either one will result in some damage. CF being much harder to repair cosmetically if it's not painted, of course.

I like that folks are starting to branch out with these cars finally. How many bone stock mustangs can you look at after 40+ years?

Guest Dirty Herri

My experience with their fiberglass wasn't so great. I bought a spoilered trunk lid and end caps for a 1970 Mustang coupe. I expected a lot of work to finish out the part, but the trunk lid was warped to the point I could not get it to fit and close right.

Final solution: I cut the spoilered part of the fiber glass truck lid off and bonded it to my old steal truck lid.

Turned out looking pretty good, but wasn't worth the money and hassle. It wouldn't have been so bad if the part wasn't warped. I probably should have sent it back, but I just wanted to get the car done. Plus, it took forever for them to get the first trunk lid to me.

Was my experience typical or the exception? I don't know. Just sharing my personal experience with Maier Racing fiber glass parts. I wouldn't buy fiberglass from them again. The whole experience with them left a bad taste in my mouth.

Edited by Dirty Herri

Guest Dirty Herri

My experience with their fiberglass wasn't so great. I bought a spoilered trunk lid and end caps for a 1970 Mustang coupe. I expected a lot of work to finish out the part, but the trunk lid was warped to the point I could not get it to fit and close right.

Final solution: I cut the spoilered part of the fiber glass truck lid off and bonded it to my old steal truck lid.

Turned out looking pretty good, but wasn't worth the money and hassle. It wouldn't have been so bad if the part wasn't warped. I probably should have sent it back, but I just wanted to get the car done. Plus, it took forever for them to get the first trunk lid to me.

Was my experience typical or the exception? I don't know. Just sharing my personal experience with Maier Racing fiber glass parts. I wouldn't buy fiberglass from them again. The whole experience with them left a bad taste in my mouth.

Edited by Dirty Herri

I've got 40+ hours in my spoilered trunk lid and one end cap. Still a long way to go and it will still never be perfect. Was warped, bowed, etc from different angles. Took a quarter inch off of one end cap just so I could bolt it on and clear the trunk lid. I don't have experience with their other products but the trunk lid I got was not close to fitting at all out of the box.

I've got 40+ hours in my spoilered trunk lid and one end cap. Still a long way to go and it will still never be perfect. Was warped, bowed, etc from different angles. Took a quarter inch off of one end cap just so I could bolt it on and clear the trunk lid. I don't have experience with their other products but the trunk lid I got was not close to fitting at all out of the box.

Sounds like a trend with the deck lid. Mine was just like DRASTiK's. Hopefully their other products are better.