Ash

Ash's 69 R-code

Haha I think can handle the mm to inches conversion! I am an electronics troubleshooting Technician at a Korean plastics plant here in Alabama. We make head lights, tail lights, and mirrors for various Korean and American car manufactures. I do work at night from 6 pm until 6 am so we are probably awake at the same time. Its 2:22 am here now.

I am going to try to find some books I cannot remember the names off of the top of my head.

Thanks,

Drew

Haha I think can handle the mm to inches conversion! I am an electronics troubleshooting Technician at a Korean plastics plant here in Alabama. We make head lights, tail lights, and mirrors for various Korean and American car manufactures. I do work at night from 6 pm until 6 am so we are probably awake at the same time. Its 2:22 am here now.

I am going to try to find some books I cannot remember the names off of the top of my head.

Thanks,

Drew

Hahaha, that's funny!! I didn't think the metric system was a fond topic over there. But probably my only reference to that is from the Simpsons and old Grandpa talking in rods.

Accurate though, isn't it! Hahaha, just joking around!!:lol:

I'm still learning which spanner I need to get hold of when I go to the tool chest. So far I've got picking a 1/2 inch headed bolt sorted, the rest I have to do a double or triple take on :blushing:

Wow, they have you working hard 6-6 dog watch we'd call it. At least you get to cruise car forums and get paid, nice!!

It's 7:45pm here, sun is still up but not for long. Kids are asleep which great!

Thanks for looking into those books. I always hesitate at buying literature, in case they are no good. Whenever though, no rush at all. I can see this project going on for a long long time.

Hahaha, that's funny!! I didn't think the metric system was a fond topic over there. But probably my only reference to that is from the Simpsons and old Grandpa talking in rods.

Accurate though, isn't it! Hahaha, just joking around!!:lol:

I'm still learning which spanner I need to get hold of when I go to the tool chest. So far I've got picking a 1/2 inch headed bolt sorted, the rest I have to do a double or triple take on :blushing:

Wow, they have you working hard 6-6 dog watch we'd call it. At least you get to cruise car forums and get paid, nice!!

It's 7:45pm here, sun is still up but not for long. Kids are asleep which great!

Thanks for looking into those books. I always hesitate at buying literature, in case they are no good. Whenever though, no rush at all. I can see this project going on for a long long time.

Ha yeah we only have 4 machines in the plant that are American made and about 140 that are Korean, Japanese, and also German so I learned my metric measurements pretty quick and yes it is strange working at night but is pretty laid back.

No problem on the books I am going to check into them as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Drew

Ha yeah we only have 4 machines in the plant that are American made and about 140 that are Korean, Japanese, and also German so I learned my metric measurements pretty quick and yes it is strange working at night but is pretty laid back.

No problem on the books I am going to check into them as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Drew

Sorry about some of these pics Drew, it wasn't easy to get the camera to focus at night in the shed.

The wheels are American Racing wheels and here is all the details I could find cast into the rim itself. This is the back wheel

P22400092.jpg

P2240025.jpg

P2240024.jpg

P2240026.jpg

P2240027.jpg

And here is how I sat the timber on the outer lip.

P22400192.jpg

It was next to near impossible to get a clear shot of the metal rule so I tried with a tape measure. I got a measurement of 3 and 3/4 inches.

P22400172.jpg

P22400182.jpg

Did the same with the front and got the same measurement of 3 and 3/4 inches.

P2240023.jpg

P2240022.jpg

And a shot of the tyre square on for you, it's a wide sucker!!

P22400082.jpg

I remembered when I got inside that I forgot to measure the rim width. I'm out all day tomorrow so will do this on Sunday for you.

Hope that helps! :001_smile:

Sorry about some of these pics Drew, it wasn't easy to get the camera to focus at night in the shed.

The wheels are American Racing wheels and here is all the details I could find cast into the rim itself. This is the back wheel

P22400092.jpg

P2240025.jpg

P2240024.jpg

P2240026.jpg

P2240027.jpg

And here is how I sat the timber on the outer lip.

P22400192.jpg

It was next to near impossible to get a clear shot of the metal rule so I tried with a tape measure. I got a measurement of 3 and 3/4 inches.

P22400172.jpg

P22400182.jpg

Did the same with the front and got the same measurement of 3 and 3/4 inches.

P2240023.jpg

P2240022.jpg

And a shot of the tyre square on for you, it's a wide sucker!!

P22400082.jpg

I remembered when I got inside that I forgot to measure the rim width. I'm out all day tomorrow so will do this on Sunday for you.

Hope that helps! :001_smile:

Thank you Ash! Those pictures are very helpful. I googled the wheel and determined that they are American racing torque thrust 2 wheels but that is all I could come up with. They look to be 15x8 with 3.75 backspacing.

Thanks again for the VERY helpful info,

Drew

Thank you Ash! Those pictures are very helpful. I googled the wheel and determined that they are American racing torque thrust 2 wheels but that is all I could come up with. They look to be 15x8 with 3.75 backspacing.

Thanks again for the VERY helpful info,

Drew

Ash,

The blinker housings are reproduced, page #176 of the current NPD catalog has them for $59.95 each, & CJ Pony Parts has them on page #120 of the current catalog for a pair $104.95.

Mike.

Ash,

The blinker housings are reproduced, page #176 of the current NPD catalog has them for $59.95 each, & CJ Pony Parts has them on page #120 of the current catalog for a pair $104.95.

Mike.

No worries at all Drew and Cougar20th, happy to help. After all, that's why we're all here right.

I'm about to head out for the day, about to head down to my parents and take the boat out fishing with my Dad. I'll be back late tonight so will get the rim width tomorrow for you.

Great to know though that they are Torque Thrust 2's!

Thanks Mike, I'll have to see if I can get a copy of their catalogues sent out. I'm sure they would send one my way, I'll look into it.

Great to know they are available though, cheers!!

No worries at all Drew and Cougar20th, happy to help. After all, that's why we're all here right.

I'm about to head out for the day, about to head down to my parents and take the boat out fishing with my Dad. I'll be back late tonight so will get the rim width tomorrow for you.

Great to know though that they are Torque Thrust 2's!

Thanks Mike, I'll have to see if I can get a copy of their catalogues sent out. I'm sure they would send one my way, I'll look into it.

Great to know they are available though, cheers!!

Got out to the shed today to measure these rims again. Both front and back measured the same. I got 8 inches from outside lip to outside lip.

The back rim

P2260020.jpg

Front rim

P2260021.jpg

Hope that helps guys!

Got out to the shed today to measure these rims again. Both front and back measured the same. I got 8 inches from outside lip to outside lip.

The back rim

P2260020.jpg

Front rim

P2260021.jpg

Hope that helps guys!

Thanks Ash! very helpful info. Now I just have to make up my mind on what wheel I am going to use. I was really wanting to go with magnum 500's and was going to use a 15x8 in the back but they have 4.5inch backspacing. I pretty sure that I will not be able to fit tires that wide on magnums with that back spacing. I guess I am going to look into different wheels and see what my options are.

Thanks again,

Drew

Edited by 1969mustang

Thanks Ash! very helpful info. Now I just have to make up my mind on what wheel I am going to use. I was really wanting to go with magnum 500's and was going to use a 15x8 in the back but they have 4.5inch backspacing. I pretty sure that I will not be able to fit tires that wide on magnums with that back spacing. I guess I am going to look into different wheels and see what my options are.

Thanks again,

Drew

Edited by 1969mustang

No problem at all Drew, I really hope it helps you getting yours the way you want it. Make sure you post up some pics once you settle on a set. I think if you could get the Magnums with the same tyre size and stance, they'd look awesome!!

When I first saw mine in photos, it was 4 months until I saw it in person, I thought the chrome/polished wheels were too much and wanted Magnum's. I like the black a lot. But when I finally got to see it in person, I found them not so over the top and they really gave it that old school muscle look.

No problem at all Drew, I really hope it helps you getting yours the way you want it. Make sure you post up some pics once you settle on a set. I think if you could get the Magnums with the same tyre size and stance, they'd look awesome!!

When I first saw mine in photos, it was 4 months until I saw it in person, I thought the chrome/polished wheels were too much and wanted Magnum's. I like the black a lot. But when I finally got to see it in person, I found them not so over the top and they really gave it that old school muscle look.

I will be sure to post some pictures! I just have to decide on a wheel. I really wish I could find a magnum 500 with 3.75inch back spacing for a decent price but all I can find in a 15x8 has 4.5inch backspacing. I believe that I can get them with custom back spacing from the manufacturer so I am going to look into it.

I also like the torque thrust 2's on your car but I think I want to keep the old school muscle look with mine.

Thanks again for all of your help,

Drew

I will be sure to post some pictures! I just have to decide on a wheel. I really wish I could find a magnum 500 with 3.75inch back spacing for a decent price but all I can find in a 15x8 has 4.5inch backspacing. I believe that I can get them with custom back spacing from the manufacturer so I am going to look into it.

I also like the torque thrust 2's on your car but I think I want to keep the old school muscle look with mine.

Thanks again for all of your help,

Drew