Mike65

Mike65's 69 Coupe build

He might nice job. I really like that Lokar adjustable cable clamp block. I have one of those on my 68 

Is that your fuel return line in the picture?.. if so like to know more about how you routed it 

3 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

Is that your fuel return line in the picture?.. if so like to know more about how you routed it 

Vic, no that is the brake line to the rear differential. I have not run the fuel lines yet, I was planning on running them out further towards the rocker panel.

Ok, thought that might be the case.  I am getting ready to run a return/vent line for my FiTech, so when I actually get some wrench time on it, I will get some pics posted.

Are you going to the Carlisle Ford Show in June.  ?   I will be there all weekend with my '68.  It is a great time, and is not far from NJ.  I am trailering my '68 up.

22 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

Ok, thought that might be the case.  I am getting ready to run a return/vent line for my FiTech, so when I actually get some wrench time on it, I will get some pics posted.

Are you going to the Carlisle Ford Show in June.  ?   I will be there all weekend with my '68.  It is a great time, and is not far from NJ.  I am trailering my '68 up.

I want to see how you are running the feed & return lines, so pics would be great.  I am planning on going probably on Saturday June 2nd.

Hey Mike.  We are headed that way mid July.   Have some family to visit Doris jersey on July 14. Then headed to LBI from the 15th to the 18th or 19th 

Yeah we should keep in touch about those plans, would love to come by and see the car

Today I started removing the front windshield. At some previous time it appears the car had a front windshield lead & someone  loaded it up with what looks like sealer that is so hard my windshield removal tool will not cut through it. I am using a brazing torch & heating up the sealer & then from the inside pushing a putty knife between the body & the windshield to break the seal. I am not worried about the glass since it needed to be replaced anyway. So far I got the glass up the passengers side "A" pillar & part way across the roof loose. More tomorrow, I hope to have i out by Saturday.

58049-5-9-18-started-working-removing-fr

17 hours ago, Mike65 said:

Today I started removing the front windshield. At some previous time it appears the car had a front windshield lead & someone  loaded it up with what looks like sealer that is so hard my windshield removal tool will not cut through it. I am using a brazing torch & heating up the sealer & then from the inside pushing a putty knife between the body & the windshield to break the seal. I am not worried about the glass since it needed to be replaced anyway. So far I got the glass up the passengers side "A" pillar & part way across the roof loose. More tomorrow, I hope to have i out by Saturday.

58049-5-9-18-started-working-removing-fr

Did they use a contractor's 6-pack of that stuff? The only thing I can come up with since information on this wasn't as easy to access people just used what they could find locally to "fix" the problem.

12 hours ago, Johns Summer of 69 said:

Did they use a contractor's 6-pack of that stuff? The only thing I can come up with since information on this wasn't as easy to access people just used what they could find locally to "fix" the problem.

They must have, across the top & the r/s "A" pillar was loaded up with sealer. Today after work I got the windshield up the l/s "A" pillar & the rest of the way across the roof loose, now I just need to get it loose across the bottom & it will be out.

12 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

Holy Cow Mike...someone lost their mind with that caulk job.  How was your windshield molding attached?  Good luck with getting that stuff out.

Vic, when I got the car as a shell the windshield molding was not on there. Once I get the windshield out today I will start cleaning the old sealer out.

Well I finished removing the front windshield today & was able to remove almost all of the old sealer, the rest will take some work. I also found a couple rust holes on the l/s "A" pillar that are going to need to be repaired.

58050-5-12-18-finished-removing-front-wi

Here is all the old sealer I was able to remove & some pieces of the old factory vinyl top the was under the sealer.

58051-5-12-18-sealer-under-front-windshi

I am still debating about putting the vinyl top back on. I have to take a close look at the roof, & depending how straight or not straight it is probably will determine which way I go.

18 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

Right.  Tough choice...   Wonder what the original color combo for the car was

Meadowlark Yellow  (yuck) & a black vinyl top. I am going to have it painted a Ford color from a 2006 Mustang/Ranger, called Screaming Yellow  with the 1970 Mach-1 hood stripe, outer headlight buckets blacked out like the Boss 302, 69 GT lower body stripes, black tail light panel, & possibly the black vinyl top. What do you think?.

10 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

Oh, Mike, what's the status on your engine...thought that was nearing completion...

It is still at the re-builders shop, I will be calling him this week.