Sign in to follow this  
Topless69GT

69 GT Convertible

After almost three years I am dragging my project out of storage to finish it. I started the restoration in 2007 and the paint and body work was completed in March 2009 and then the car was put into storage while I went back to school for a career change. The car was listed for sale and was the topic of many marital discussions (some very heated) during this time. I even went more than a year without seeing it. The dust has settled and many things are resolved. The car is now on the top of our list to get finished in 2012. Pictures will follow as the project nears completion.

Glad you were able to keep the car. I'll give my wife props .. no matter what we were going through, layoffs, car wrecks, just plain money troubles.. she never thought about asking me to get rid of the Mustang.

Not sure if she just knew that the car was around before her and would be around after her .. LOL ... We'll never know :balloon:

Give us some pics along the way too. I know I love to see folks make any progress!

Hi thanks for the post. Finally going to commit the cash to get this original straight and looking good. Good luck with your project.

Hey, MOMS, that's a pretty sweet ride, well worth restoring. I would imagine a 390 GT convertible in Champagne Gold is pretty rare (or is that Wimbledon white?). Is it still pretty original? I'm guessing by your handle it's been in your family for a few years.

Edited by 69RavenConv
what color is that?