Sign in to follow this  
jwscarab

Will a 351C 4V / power brakes / hyd clutch all fit in my 69?

Hello,

Still up in the air on going 351C in the car. I know its a long debate about which is better etc, but really dont want to go there right now....lol.

What I would love to get oppinions on is if I put a 351C in the car, and power brakes, and a hyd clutch - will it all fit? Is there room?

I dont want over powered brake feel like stock. I want to feel the brakes, so I am open to a smaller diameter booster if thats a better way to go. Definitly want hyd clutch setup.

Also, oppinions on clearance to shock towers with shorty headers would be good to know.

Thanks all in advance! Joe

I spoke to Mcleod quite a bit when I was doing the hyd clutch in my car. They are developing a master cylinder for the clutch that is going to be a bolt in set-up, no mods to the car, no funky linkage. I do not know if they have it available yet, but give their tech dept a call and find out.

My car has power brakes, full length 2" headers, hydraulic clutch, and a 429 in it. You should be fine with a Cleveland.

Tim

If you go with a cleveland there's a lot of misinformation out there on how to build them and what parts to use. I'm been researching the 351C in preparation to rebuild mine and learned a few things. What I found most helpful are the pantera forums. There's a guy out there by the name of George Pence who really knows his stuff.

http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5650045562/m/172102126

Also 351C forums

http://www.network54.com/Forum/119419/

Here's mine with a 351C in the bay. I'm hooking up a Streetfire ign box right now.

Its running pdb and a 4 speed with stock linkage snaked thru Hooker long tube headers. It all fits and can even change the plugs without raising the engine.:thumbup1:

When your ready to build a 351C, Do go to the Network54 forum.

There is a ton of info to get the most out of the beast.

Here's mine with a 351C in the bay. I'm hooking up a Streetfire ign box right now.

Its running pdb and a 4 speed with stock linkage snaked thru Hooker long tube headers. It all fits and can even change the plugs without raising the engine.:thumbup1:

When your ready to build a 351C, Do go to the Network54 forum.

There is a ton of info to get the most out of the beast.

Mach1rider, whats the part number to those hookers? Did you have to dimple them at all? I'd like to see some more pictures of fitment if you have them.

Joe, I heard the Sanderson FC4 shortys work with 351c PDB and stock linkage. I think thats what Grabber70Mach is using. Here's some pics he posted a while back on another forum. Click here.

It look as those are the only 351c headers that will work without a PS drop bracket.

Thanks guys! I feel better about this option now! I appreciate everybody input! I just wish it was sooner before I was to the stage of doing all this - but planning key! Im hoping to get the unibody in the shop soon, then I will start a build thread.

Mach1rider, whats the part number to those hookers? Did you have to dimple them at all? I'd like to see some more pictures of fitment if you have them.

Joe, I heard the Sanderson FC4 shortys work with 351c PDB and stock linkage. I think thats what Grabber70Mach is using. Here's some pics he posted a while back on another forum. Click here.

It look as those are the only 351c headers that will work without a PS drop bracket.

IIRC they are 6902 Hooker coated long tubes.

There was not dimpling needed, but the drop bracket is used.

While clearence is close they fit without rubbing anywhere in the engine compartment or around the Lakewood bell.

Only problem is the #5 and 8 tubes hang low and scrape speed bumps.