Sign in to follow this  
Burn

BARN FINDS: 1970 Mustang Mach 1, 4-speed

Sweet- reminds me of my vert- found it 9/2010 parked for 27 yrs inside, covered in NOS Ford part boxes (and dust) , 106, 000 miles. The paint on mine was gone- and was primered, 3 flat tires, brakes siezed, and lots of snake skins (no Shelby pun here) real snake skins. I am not scared of snakes but within 5 mins a large (non poisenous snake) was found and relocated but that stopped my reaching into the qtrs, etc to assess for rust. I would love to find a sportsroof to match it (yeah like lightening striking twice in the same spot) but I can dream.

Very cool find. I like the honesty of the description with 3,000 miles on the odometer would probably be 103,000 miles. It is one of my pet hates when you see a car in pretty good condition with 30,000 miles on the clock and straight away they claim it's "original 30,000 mile". Like they haven't been around the clock at least 1 or 2 times before. :stupid:

Another pet hate is when you see a 40 year old restomod on ebay and they ask "what's the odometer reading"? Are you F&$king kidding? If your asking that question you should be looking elsewhere tool. lol

Sorry got carried away. :lol:

That's ok, we all have to vent some time and i give you points for the well executed use of the word tool...

I remember driving around town and there were 5 or 6 old mustangs hanging out at different places. Over the years these have dried up which is kind of sad to me. There is just something about the potential in one of these cars.

Very cool find. I like the honesty of the description with 3,000 miles on the odometer would probably be 103,000 miles. It is one of my pet hates when you see a car in pretty good condition with 30,000 miles on the clock and straight away they claim it's "original 30,000 mile". Like they haven't been around the clock at least 1 or 2 times before.

Funny thing is sometimes it is the truth though. When I first found my car it was claimed a 46,000 mile car and I was thinking yeah right with another 100k-200k on it but he had documented proof and it is titled and registered as an original mile car not exceeding the limitations of the odometer. He was only the second owner and had stored the car for alomst 20 years, it had been stored by the original owner for almost 10 years prior to that.

I know low original mile cars do turn up, but it is by far and away the exception and not the rule. Every second car that comes up for sale seems to be a "survivor" and you can tell by wear and tear it has a 100,000 more miles than listed. It just seems they throw these low numbers around alot these days. I am just not a fan of unscrupulous sellers and dumbasses talking crap and fooling people out of their hard earned cash.

Oh I agree and it's too bad that so many people actually fall for and believe it for face value only to be greatly dissapointed later on. Even with paperwork and no obvious visual flaws or signs I always only half believed it about my car until we started to tear into it after the accident and see if it was worth saving. Damned if we could find a single panel that wasn't original on the car including known areas like floor boards and battery apron, everything was just solid and rust free from front to back, that was the proof in the pudding for me.