Sign in to follow this  
sportsroof69

Changing directions a bit

I think the time has come for a change. My car seems to spend more time on the track than anywhere else nowadays, so I'm about to pull the trigger on a new transmission. I'm buying a PA Supercomp C4, with the pro transbrake upgrade, and a Chance converter. The car should still be 100% streetable, just not as fun as a 4 speed. The converter will be a nitrous converter, so it should be pretty tight off the bottle (on the street), and still be very driveable. it should be fun on the track though :cool:

Who in Oklahoma would care if you car was streel legal or not? States like Califorinia that have yearly emissions or safety checks might make it complicated, but would anyone in most states without inspections care?

Give the guys at Continental converters a call.....They make the best converters in my opinion...They are a one off converter, speciafically made for your car motor tranny combo.....I had one built for the old TA.....Running a low compression 455 and at the time was twin turbo charged, so i had them build the converter accordingly.....worked like a charm......I wanted to be able to street drive it with no problems....it flashes to 2800 Rpms which was right where i asked it to be, then later took turbos off and added nitrous....the converter still flashes and holds where it is supposed to.

AWESOME converter.....Oh on just motor NA i was running 12.90's...after converter NA went to 12.70 and picked up 3 mph....

Who in Oklahoma would care if you car was streel legal or not? States like Califorinia that have yearly emissions or safety checks might make it complicated, but would anyone in most states without inspections care?

I think you are confusing streetable with street legal. A big nasty engine, with a big nasty stall can be street legal, but not very streetable.

Give the guys at Continental converters a call.....They make the best converters in my opinion...They are a one off converter, speciafically made for your car motor tranny combo.....I had one built for the old TA.....Running a low compression 455 and at the time was twin turbo charged, so i had them build the converter accordingly.....worked like a charm......I wanted to be able to street drive it with no problems....it flashes to 2800 Rpms which was right where i asked it to be, then later took turbos off and added nitrous....the converter still flashes and holds where it is supposed to.

AWESOME converter.....Oh on just motor NA i was running 12.90's...after converter NA went to 12.70 and picked up 3 mph....

I've never heard of them ,but Neil chance builds converters for the big boys in racing. They're as good as it gets, and I've used them in the past, with my Camaro. It's a complete custom build as well. The right converter makes all the difference in the world. It's as important as the proper camshaft for an engine combo.

I've only ran it out the 1/4 once, because the 28" tire is rubbing the front of the fender on the big end. I've ran 7.36@94 in the 1/8, on a 1.55 60'. I haven't got to do any tuning on the car at the track, so it may have some left. Honestly, I've been so inconsistent with the 4 speed, mainly because it only shifts about 60% of the time, that it's pointless to make adjustments. It needs some consistency before we do any tuning.

The one 1/4 pass it made, was a terrible pass. It went a 1.76 60', spinning badly, and it 1/8 mile'd a 7.58@93. I saw the tire smoke start coming out, so I let out 150'-200' short of the traps, and rolled out to an 11.75@116.

Once the C4 goes in, and it gets a good nitrous tune up, hopefully it will go well into the 10's.

Edited by sportsroof69