Sign in to follow this  
PaleRider

Radiator Overflow - Where'd you mounted it and did it help?

Was thinking about getting an overflow bottle for my 1970. Always tinkering and when I need to do antifreeze - smell it for a week until reaches point that not overflowing. Thought I'd put a bottle - one of the billet ones:001_tongue:.

Just curious where others have mounted theirs and if you noticed any difference in cooling. thanks

Was thinking about getting an overflow bottle for my 1970. Always tinkering and when I need to do antifreeze - smell it for a week until reaches point that not overflowing. Thought I'd put a bottle - one of the billet ones:001_tongue:.

Just curious where others have mounted theirs and if you noticed any difference in cooling. thanks

Here's where I mounted mine. I bought it from an outfit in Tennessee for not a lot of money. Obviously from the picture I favor originality, but I figure a bottle is a green thing to do. I think most drag strips require them nowadays too.

Here's where I mounted mine. I bought it from an outfit in Tennessee for not a lot of money. Obviously from the picture I favor originality, but I figure a bottle is a green thing to do. I think most drag strips require them nowadays too.

I mounted mine to the shroud. Mind has mounting rings that go around the tube, which are adjustable for infinite mounting hole spacing options. The link above from ebay have tabs welded, so you are stuck with that mounting hole spacing....not that its the end of the world.

I mounted mine to the shroud. Mind has mounting rings that go around the tube, which are adjustable for infinite mounting hole spacing options. The link above from ebay have tabs welded, so you are stuck with that mounting hole spacing....not that its the end of the world.

Are there any options out there for "stock" looking engine compartments ??

I've owned my '69 since the early 80's and don't recall it EVER spitting out coolant from the overflow tube ... but the '67 Fairlane I used to have did every once in a while.

So before I sold the Fairlane I was looking for something to put on it that had a somewhat "stock" appearance ... or at least "black" where it would blend in ... and never found anything out there.

Doug

Are there any options out there for "stock" looking engine compartments ??

I've owned my '69 since the early 80's and don't recall it EVER spitting out coolant from the overflow tube ... but the '67 Fairlane I used to have did every once in a while.

So before I sold the Fairlane I was looking for something to put on it that had a somewhat "stock" appearance ... or at least "black" where it would blend in ... and never found anything out there.

Doug

You could always buy another stock washer fluid reservoir and convert it to a radiator overflow. Just an idea, otherwise look for a washer reservoir and radiator overflow combination unit out of an 80's F150. The one below is for an 80-86 model. The newer ones have an actual flip cap for the radiator reservoir.

$%28KGrHqMOKjsE3syyc%21PmBOE-o5uz7w%7E%7E_12.JPG

$%28KGrHqIOKiQE4RSZG1yLBOE-i5w%21Tw%7E%7E_12.JPG

$%28KGrHqQOKioE3GpWYc9zBN9bkDWpWQ%7E%7E_12.JPG

You could always buy another stock washer fluid reservoir and convert it to a radiator overflow. Just an idea, otherwise look for a washer reservoir and radiator overflow combination unit out of an 80's F150. The one below is for an 80-86 model. The newer ones have an actual flip cap for the radiator reservoir.

$%28KGrHqMOKjsE3syyc%21PmBOE-o5uz7w%7E%7E_12.JPG

$%28KGrHqIOKiQE4RSZG1yLBOE-i5w%21Tw%7E%7E_12.JPG

$%28KGrHqQOKioE3GpWYc9zBN9bkDWpWQ%7E%7E_12.JPG