Sign in to follow this  
very fat and very dumb

First car show

Last weekend was the Mustangs NW show. I completed the convertible enough to enter it. They grouped the 69-73 fastbacks, convertibles and coupes together in a class. It's tough to compete against 69 fastbacks in a peoples choice simply becasue IMHO they are one of the nicest looking cars ever made. We took 2nd.

Lookin' real good VFVD. You're a humble guy and downplay your skills but you do good work.

Thanks Raven, I appreciate the kind words. This was my first restoation, practice for my high school Mach 1. I think this weekend I am going to play musical cars and put the convertible in a gargage space and move the Mach to the shop area. When the Mach is done I'm going to do a 1941 Slat Grill Willys that I just bought. They say there's only 200 of them left. Mine was built 12-24-1941, 2 weeks after Pearl Harbor so it's a very early war jeep.

VFVD,

You should consider showing your ride in Nevada in August!! Fifties Fever in Winnemucca Aug 5-7, @ Hot August Nights in Reno Aug 9-14. Lots of nice rides, and a great time to be had as well!! Check out both web sites. You won't be dissappointed with either. Hope to see your ride at either, or both!!

Thanks Raven, I appreciate the kind words. This was my first restoation, practice for my high school Mach 1. I think this weekend I am going to play musical cars and put the convertible in a gargage space and move the Mach to the shop area. When the Mach is done I'm going to do a 1941 Slat Grill Willys that I just bought. They say there's only 200 of them left. Mine was built 12-24-1941, 2 weeks after Pearl Harbor so it's a very early war jeep.

Sweet. The Mach I will be cool but the jeep will be a lot of fun I'm sure. I don't know if I've mentioned it here but my vert is my high school car, too. I'm in the last stages of my restoration and I was just telling the wife how I'm gonna miss having a project car. She suggested I start looking around for something else, maybe an old Harley ... Of course, it may take me another 5 years to get the paint done on the vert since I spend more time sanding off mistakes than spraying....

Sweet. The Mach I will be cool but the jeep will be a lot of fun I'm sure. I don't know if I've mentioned it here but my vert is my high school car, too. I'm in the last stages of my restoration and I was just telling the wife how I'm gonna miss having a project car. She suggested I start looking around for something else, maybe an old Harley ... Of course, it may take me another 5 years to get the paint done on the vert since I spend more time sanding off mistakes than spraying....

I suspect for every person that saved his high school car there are 500 who wish they did. I really haven't driven it since 1989 or so however it will start up straight away, it shouldn't but it does.

My hats off to you for doing your own paint, I am a perfection freak and I know I don't have the ability to do it perfectly so I had a guy do it, $12,000 later I'm still glad I did.

Did you see the post I made a couple months ago about the OCC Chopper I hauled for them? I think if you restored a Harley it would be really cool. Shoot me you email address, I have a video to send you of the chopper when I fired it up. Really cool.