Sign in to follow this  
TexasEd

Rough Estimate on a clean 69 fastback

Well the car certainly hasn't changed in 25 years, you'll have to do your best to duplicate that picture once you are done re-doing it, that would be pretty cool.

I graduated high school in 86' and that's pretty much the car I wanted since I was 16, took another 16 years to get it unfortunately but I think I appreciate it more now than I would have then and it was definitely safer sitting in California storage for 20 years then with me behind the wheel and toughing out the New England winters.

Well the car certainly hasn't changed in 25 years, you'll have to do your best to duplicate that picture once you are done re-doing it, that would be pretty cool.

I graduated high school in 86' and that's pretty much the car I wanted since I was 16, took another 16 years to get it unfortunately but I think I appreciate it more now than I would have then and it was definitely safer sitting in California storage for 20 years then with me behind the wheel and toughing out the New England winters.

In regards to swapping out the block, there really isn't much benefit to numbers matching cars unless they have a pedigree. 302 windsor cars and 6 cylinder cars don't really have that, and they are the best cars to modify.

In regards to swapping out the block, there really isn't much benefit to numbers matching cars unless they have a pedigree. 302 windsor cars and 6 cylinder cars don't really have that, and they are the best cars to modify.

Thanks for the comments.

I have started making a list of the things it needs done and what I might get to after that.

NEEDS:

- New shocks and maybe rear leaf springs

- Upper Control Arm (Shelby) drop and roller bearing spring perches and adjustable strut rods

- Replace power steering control box

- Export brace

- Subframe connectors

- New air conditioning, it had dealer installed air that is not working

- Check out existing front disc components and upgrade rear to disc brakes

Once I get to this point I'll probably just drive it for 5-6 years and save up money for the next phase.

Want:

- I would like to do a full body restoration but I think I know how much work and time goes into it and it is probably several years away.

- stroke the engine to 347, new intake, carb, exhaust

- AOD transmission

I think it might already have an 8" Traction Loc rear with the standard 2.7-ish gears. I would eventually want some lower gears in the rear and make sure it is traction loc.

Thanks for the comments.

I have started making a list of the things it needs done and what I might get to after that.

NEEDS:

- New shocks and maybe rear leaf springs

- Upper Control Arm (Shelby) drop and roller bearing spring perches and adjustable strut rods

- Replace power steering control box

- Export brace

- Subframe connectors

- New air conditioning, it had dealer installed air that is not working

- Check out existing front disc components and upgrade rear to disc brakes

Once I get to this point I'll probably just drive it for 5-6 years and save up money for the next phase.

Want:

- I would like to do a full body restoration but I think I know how much work and time goes into it and it is probably several years away.

- stroke the engine to 347, new intake, carb, exhaust

- AOD transmission

I think it might already have an 8" Traction Loc rear with the standard 2.7-ish gears. I would eventually want some lower gears in the rear and make sure it is traction loc.

And just for fun:

LOL, I'm actuallly going to be in that terminal in the HK airport on Sunday afternoon.

Hey Max, do you have the correct gas cap on that bad boy too? That color really looks nice on the cleaner GT model.

Wow that is shweeeet! Now I have something to benchmark against. The only spot on my car that had any decent color left was the underside of the trunk lid. I will upload some pic's tonight for a good laugh.

LOL, I'm actuallly going to be in that terminal in the HK airport on Sunday afternoon.

Hey Max, do you have the correct gas cap on that bad boy too? That color really looks nice on the cleaner GT model.

No, what I did was get a Mach 1 repro, and then a GT emblem from a 68 and glued it on there.

Doesn't have the gear teeth, but I am not spending $400 for a pitted out one on ebay.

Mines a clone anyway, don't wanna steal the thunder from the real ones.