Sign in to follow this  
Cruzzar

Cruzzar finally finished

Pakrat, here a post I responded to a while back

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=5977&highlight=cruzzar

and another

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/600952-can-i-convert-my-70-mirrors-power.html

picture of the rt. side mirror bracket. This conversion would be very easy if you could come up with the rt. side housing that has the two mounting holes like the driver's side instead of having to make the bracket.

p3010003.jpg

p3010006.jpg

Edited by Cruzzar

Pakrat, here a post I responded to a while back

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=5977&highlight=cruzzar

and another

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/600952-can-i-convert-my-70-mirrors-power.html

picture of the rt. side mirror bracket. This conversion would be very easy if you could come up with the rt. side housing that has the two mounting holes like the driver's side instead of having to make the bracket.

p3010003.jpg

p3010006.jpg

Edited by Cruzzar

Stangme428, here's two more badgings on my car. These both read 427 POWERED BY FORD. I had a buddy of mine CNC this insert for the Mach I, no clock, panel above the glove box and another painted badging for the rear. The motor is a Dart (windsor) block, 427 cu.in.

p5270007.jpg

p5220023n.jpg

Stangme428, here's two more badgings on my car. These both read 427 POWERED BY FORD. I had a buddy of mine CNC this insert for the Mach I, no clock, panel above the glove box and another painted badging for the rear. The motor is a Dart (windsor) block, 427 cu.in.

p5270007.jpg

p5220023n.jpg

Pakrat, the turn signal lights in the guage cluster that I made, the ones in the mirrors as well as the stock front and rear are all operational. Here are some more pics. of the interior. I retrofitted the stock AC vents and installed a Vinatage Air heat/cool unit. Center counsel is out of a '87 T-bird turbo coupe modified to fit the Mustang tunnel. It has the controls for elect. windows, electric mirrors and the Air Rides. The seats are also out of the T-bird and each has the inflatable lumbar support. I made and upholstered the door panels, installed Infinity speakers where the window mechanisms use to be (has electric windows), just barely enough clearance for the window to get by. I made the center counsel extension for the back set area, it allows me a pathway underneath it for my wireing for my Air Ride controls. Installed a roll bar with shoulder strap brackets and inertial reel for seatbelts in back seat arm rests. Last pics are of car setting ride height and in the weeds.

p5220027w.jpg

p5220039.jpg

p5220024.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

p5220026.jpg

p5220032.jpg

p5220034.jpg

p5220011.jpg

p5220047.jpg

Pakrat, the turn signal lights in the guage cluster that I made, the ones in the mirrors as well as the stock front and rear are all operational. Here are some more pics. of the interior. I retrofitted the stock AC vents and installed a Vinatage Air heat/cool unit. Center counsel is out of a '87 T-bird turbo coupe modified to fit the Mustang tunnel. It has the controls for elect. windows, electric mirrors and the Air Rides. The seats are also out of the T-bird and each has the inflatable lumbar support. I made and upholstered the door panels, installed Infinity speakers where the window mechanisms use to be (has electric windows), just barely enough clearance for the window to get by. I made the center counsel extension for the back set area, it allows me a pathway underneath it for my wireing for my Air Ride controls. Installed a roll bar with shoulder strap brackets and inertial reel for seatbelts in back seat arm rests. Last pics are of car setting ride height and in the weeds.

p5220027w.jpg

p5220039.jpg

p5220024.jpg

p5220026.jpg

p5220032.jpg

p5220034.jpg

p5220011.jpg

p5220047.jpg

Hey cruzzar I pulled a pair of thunderbird seats too and am wondering how you mounted them up to the car...I had planned to put the stock tracks on em but it seems like the power track is an integral part of em...so whatd you do to get em mounted??

Hey cruzzar I pulled a pair of thunderbird seats too and am wondering how you mounted them up to the car...I had planned to put the stock tracks on em but it seems like the power track is an integral part of em...so whatd you do to get em mounted??

You probably already figured out that the 6 way power assembly has to be removed because it makes the seat too tall unless your are really vertically challenged. During my rebuild I reduced the height of the seat support assembly by about 3/4". In regards to mounting the seat (if I can remember) I think I had to drill out the 4 rivets that held the power assembly to the bottom of the seat framework. These 4 rivet holes almost matched the holes in the stock seat tracks. The front to back distance for these holes was off a little bit but the side to side was exactly the same as stock. I tapped these rivet holes to accept allen head bolts. I slotted the front hole in each of the tracks and they bolted right up. Turn your seats upside down and take some quick measurements to verify these diemesions. I also rebuilt my tracks by grinding off the rivet on the top track, cleaning them up (bead blasted), welding a 1/4" nut on the top track where the rivet use to be, painting them and reassembling useing a 1/4" bolt just long enough to limit the track movement like the rivet did. Here's some pics, you can see the elongated hole in the track assembly.

p2060015.jpg

p2070001.jpg

p2070003h.jpg

Edited by Cruzzar

You probably already figured out that the 6 way power assembly has to be removed because it makes the seat too tall unless your are really vertically challenged. During my rebuild I reduced the height of the seat support assembly by about 3/4". In regards to mounting the seat (if I can remember) I think I had to drill out the 4 rivets that held the power assembly to the bottom of the seat framework. These 4 rivet holes almost matched the holes in the stock seat tracks. The front to back distance for these holes was off a little bit but the side to side was exactly the same as stock. I tapped these rivet holes to accept allen head bolts. I slotted the front hole in each of the tracks and they bolted right up. Turn your seats upside down and take some quick measurements to verify these diemesions. I also rebuilt my tracks by grinding off the rivet on the top track, cleaning them up (bead blasted), welding a 1/4" nut on the top track where the rivet use to be, painting them and reassembling useing a 1/4" bolt just long enough to limit the track movement like the rivet did. Here's some pics, you can see the elongated hole in the track assembly.

p2060015.jpg

p2070001.jpg

p2070003h.jpg

Edited by Cruzzar