Sign in to follow this  
jeff69

Pro Touring 70FB

315 tire is the absolute maximum you can fit in these rear wheelhouses. I have them and have slight rubbing that needs addressed. My axle is slightly off center, and when going around a curve it will rub on the passenger front lower inner wheelhouse.

315 tire is the absolute maximum you can fit in these rear wheelhouses. I have them and have slight rubbing that needs addressed. My axle is slightly off center, and when going around a curve it will rub on the passenger front lower inner wheelhouse.

Buening, what brand 315 are you running? What are you using up front? This guy is using a g-link in the rear so no leafs he stated he hasn't rolled the lips with no rubbing and a stock length 9". As for the front he also said he hasn't rolled the lips and has no clearance issues and the front suspension still uses the stock track width.

Buening, what brand 315 are you running? What are you using up front? This guy is using a g-link in the rear so no leafs he stated he hasn't rolled the lips with no rubbing and a stock length 9". As for the front he also said he hasn't rolled the lips and has no clearance issues and the front suspension still uses the stock track width.

This thread may help http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=9551

They are Sumitomos, and 245/45 up front.

His g-link is a triangulated 4-link, so it has positive axle location (doesn't move side to side going around curves). With leaf springs the axle moves laterally and what little clearance you have to the wheel lip and inner wheelhouse is even further reduced when going around curves. Grabber70Mach has the same wheels and tires and he doesn't have any rubbing issues, but he is also installing a panhard rod just in case. I plan on rolling my fender lips when I lower the car, and doing a little bit of sheetmetal work to the front lower inner fender on the passenger side just to provide a bit of relief. It really isn't a tough fix

This thread may help http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=9551

They are Sumitomos, and 245/45 up front.

His g-link is a triangulated 4-link, so it has positive axle location (doesn't move side to side going around curves). With leaf springs the axle moves laterally and what little clearance you have to the wheel lip and inner wheelhouse is even further reduced when going around curves. Grabber70Mach has the same wheels and tires and he doesn't have any rubbing issues, but he is also installing a panhard rod just in case. I plan on rolling my fender lips when I lower the car, and doing a little bit of sheetmetal work to the front lower inner fender on the passenger side just to provide a bit of relief. It really isn't a tough fix

I'm using the Wilwood Pro spindle which is about a quarter inch shorter than stock and has a 10 degree ICA as opposed to the stock 8. I can run a 17x9 wheel with a P275 tire up front but I had to do two things:

1) roll the fender lips

2) install custom made shallow outer shock tower supports.

Since the entire suspension was designed around this spindle, it is not necessary to use spacers.

I was in such a rush to get the car out on the road I did something unbelievably stupid and blew a head gasket. I hope to have the engine back together by the end of next week and I'll measure the turn radius. The steering arm is only 5.25" long, so I expect to have a nice tight turn radius.

I'm planning to be at the MCA national show in Waldorf MD this coming labor day weekend as a vendor to display my suspension design.

I'm using the Wilwood Pro spindle which is about a quarter inch shorter than stock and has a 10 degree ICA as opposed to the stock 8. I can run a 17x9 wheel with a P275 tire up front but I had to do two things:

1) roll the fender lips

2) install custom made shallow outer shock tower supports.

Since the entire suspension was designed around this spindle, it is not necessary to use spacers.

I was in such a rush to get the car out on the road I did something unbelievably stupid and blew a head gasket. I hope to have the engine back together by the end of next week and I'll measure the turn radius. The steering arm is only 5.25" long, so I expect to have a nice tight turn radius.

I'm planning to be at the MCA national show in Waldorf MD this coming labor day weekend as a vendor to display my suspension design.

so is a 17x9 with a 275 tire possible up front? I would love that!! Id just be worried about rubbing issues..

Mine fit with a spacer. I have Nitto 275's up front on mine with a 1" spacer. Pics below. I have a better pic that shows the front wheel just inside the fender lip but it wont let me upload it.

so is a 17x9 with a 275 tire possible up front? I would love that!! Id just be worried about rubbing issues..

Mine fit with a spacer. I have Nitto 275's up front on mine with a 1" spacer. Pics below. I have a better pic that shows the front wheel just inside the fender lip but it wont let me upload it.

Dave, are you running 17x9 rims? I don't know how you are getting a 275 to fit up front. My 17x8 with 245 just barely clears the UCA balljoint with 1" spacers and when I lower my car it will just barely miss the fender lip. I'm rolling my fenders just as a precaution. The only way I know to fit that size rim and tire up front is to modify the suspension so that more backspacing can be used to get the tire away from the fender lip, exactly like 69gmachine has done.

Dave, are you running 17x9 rims? I don't know how you are getting a 275 to fit up front. My 17x8 with 245 just barely clears the UCA balljoint with 1" spacers and when I lower my car it will just barely miss the fender lip. I'm rolling my fenders just as a precaution. The only way I know to fit that size rim and tire up front is to modify the suspension so that more backspacing can be used to get the tire away from the fender lip, exactly like 69gmachine has done.

yea im running 17x9 up front. It be the offset that makes the difference. I've rolled the car without problems and turned the tires all the way without issues so far.

yea im running 17x9 up front. It be the offset that makes the difference. I've rolled the car without problems and turned the tires all the way without issues so far.

Have you driven the car hard around corners or just rolled it ? There may be a difference in clearance once you put it through the ringer.

Have you driven the car hard around corners or just rolled it ? There may be a difference in clearance once you put it through the ringer.

The 70 I linked is running a sn-95 conversion I think he said so I would assume that's why he didn't have to roll or clearance anything.

Their is a 70fb I see at some track days he owns a company called Sacramento Mustang he runs a boss clone with 275's up front with using Global West front suspension its a track car only so im thinking he had to limit the turning radius and be spot on with the back space on his wheels.

http://gotbluemilk.com/web100918/15mike/imagepages/image43.html

The 70 I linked is running a sn-95 conversion I think he said so I would assume that's why he didn't have to roll or clearance anything.

Their is a 70fb I see at some track days he owns a company called Sacramento Mustang he runs a boss clone with 275's up front with using Global West front suspension its a track car only so im thinking he had to limit the turning radius and be spot on with the back space on his wheels.

http://gotbluemilk.com/web100918/15mike/imagepages/image43.html