Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

Need Pic of engine bay without motor

Just found out how bad my engine wire harness is. My bay does not have wires coming from the fire to the alt. solenoid, someone rerouted the wires and wrapped together in one stran. Please check the pics below.

If your noticing something I didn't catch please take the time to tell me.

I'm needing a picture of the engine side wire harness showing the firewall, right and left aprons and radiator support.

Or any picture that can help.

Thanks to all!!!!

VirgilsMustangpics019.jpg

VirgilsMustangpics008.jpg

VirgilsMustangpics010.jpg

VirgilsMustangpics009.jpg

Thanks Angel.

Someone told me that the wires going to the soleniod have to cross in front of the firewall, then down the pass apron to the soleniod.

I guess they were wrong. Wow! I was contemplating a new harness $$$$

If you look at my pictures of the soleniod, I'm trying to figure what wire feeds the Voltage reg. Apparently, the previous owner took it out and may of did a 1 wire 2G alt setup. But who know's??

You can also see in my pic the wires below the soleniod has one loose wire. I don't know what thats for either. How about you?

If anything let me know where you think the volt reg wire is.

I appreciate your help!

It looks like your regulator has been cut out completely. My guess is the PO installed a one wire alternator. Your existing harness is probably ok, but you need to decide to either fix it and put in the conventional regulator and factory style alternator, or change to the one wire alternator.

In the wire harness under your battery, I think there are 5 wires. My car is still in winter storage or I would check on it. the 5 wires are a brown and red/blue wire that go to the starter solenoid. there should be a green/red and maybe a yellow/black that went to the regulator. Then there is also a black wire to the battery.

Have you got 5 wires in this harness, and what are the colors of them. I want you to peel back the tape from all the modifications that were done, so you can get back to the factory wires. Tell us what you have and we can proceed from that.

Prayers1, that was me on the VMF that told you that. Angel or others, does the 69 headlight harness really have the alternator/regulator/solenoid wiring?? Maybe this was a difference between the 69 and 70 years, as both my 70 cars have the wiring along the firewall and along the passenger shock tower. These wires are part of the underdash harness that goes through the firewall plug, which in his first pic is the hole that has the wiper motor wiring going through. Let me know fellas on this one, as I didn't mean to mislead prayers1 if that is how the factory did it. In the meantime I will be looking through pictures of some 69 cars to see if the passenger shock tower has the wiring harness attached to it!

Wow, amazing how hard it is to find a picture with unhacked wiring in a 69 on Ebay! Anyways, from what I've found this does appear to be a difference in the two years.

On the VMF you had asked for the wire colors for the regulator and solenoid. The Orange wire and black wire for the regulator go directly to the alternator, so if the regulator connector was cut most likely you won't find the orange and black wires. The remainder in that reply should apply though. Sorry about that.

I have a 69 that I am sure is foctory original, and it has 2 harnesses from the firewall. One for the engine and wipers is just above the left valve cover, and the main engine harness comes out of the firewall below the master cylinder. The main goes forward, under the radaitor, and to the battery area. There is nothing around the passenger side shock tower except my convertible top motor wire.

The main engine harness has lights, washer pump, brake warning connection, horns, charging, regulator, and starter drive.

The engine harness has oil pressure, engine temperature, and ignition wires. I think there is a seperate wire also for the air conditioner.