Sign in to follow this  
SM69Mach

69 MACH 1 Brake Upgrade Project

Worked on updating the braking system over the weekend. I upgraded to Cobra Disk Brakes all the way around. HUGE improvement!!! Huige thanks as well to Shaun at Street or Track for his assistance and parts. I used his front and rear hardware kits, and I must say the kit went on FLAWLESSLY. The front kit was using the DISK spindles as well, so huge thanks to Shaun!!!

The front start with some really old parts

IMG_0543.jpg

The difference from the Stock Front to the Cobra Front Rotor.

IMG_0545.jpg

As did the Rear

IMG_0551.jpg

Upgraded the front to Bullitt Calipers and 13in Rotors,

IMG_0548.jpg

The rear to Cobra Spec Calipers and Rotors

IMG_0554.jpg

Overall Results on the car

IMG_0561.jpg

NO Problem. I don mind sharing at all as I found alot of great info on this site to help me out. I am running the Bullit Wheels that fit the 94-04 Mustangs. Running the 17X8 with a 1.25" spacer (was running a 1" spacer, before the brake upgrade), tire size 245/45/17. Out back, running the 18X10 with a a 305/35/18, with no spacers. I did have to clearence the inner fender well and roll the out fender lip to run that tire, and its a tight fit, but it works. Hope that helps.

It wasn't bad, but I I was going to replace alot of parts anyway, plus I wanted the discs out back , hence the upgrade. I dont believe I had the rears adjusted properly cause there wasnt much wear on the pads from when I had replaced them before. MUCH better stopping power now, no question. It wasnt terrible before, but it pretty good now.

Good to hear! BTW, are you running the standard mustang width rear end? Im running a slightly narrower rear so fitting the right wheels and tires is going to be a little different for me. Id like to run anything wider than 285's. I think mine is about 2 inches shorter in width than standard.

SM, the new brakes look excellent, and the tires and the stance is awesome. I'm kinda worried your front bar is going to snag something however, it hangs very low.....would a new, shorter set of links help you out ? LSG

Edited by LSG
spelling

Yes it is a PB set up. I did use an adjustable valve out back. This picture was taken as I was putting it together. I ended up mounting on a bracket on the rear.

How did you tune the adjustable rear?

Yes it is a PB set up. I did use an adjustable valve out back. This picture was taken as I was putting it together. I ended up mounting on a bracket on the rear.

How did you tune the adjustable rear?

I set it at roughly half way to reduce the pressure and been driving it fine since. I did the rotor break in to seat the pads and it did fine and the rears didnt lock up and had a good break in pattern on them through the heat cycles.

It can be fine tuned from there, but will probably just leave it as is.

Hope that helps

I set it at roughly half way to reduce the pressure and been driving it fine since. I did the rotor break in to seat the pads and it did fine and the rears didnt lock up and had a good break in pattern on them through the heat cycles.

It can be fine tuned from there, but will probably just leave it as is.

Hope that helps