Sign in to follow this  
69RavenConv

Parking Brake Warning Light Wiring?

I have the visibility group option, which includes the parking brake light. The light has 2 wires, one goes to the brake, the other a bullet connector. I can't for the life of me find the mate for the bullet. I feel like an idiot because the harness is original and has never been out of the car. The light worked ok, so I know the connection is there somewhere. If anybody has this option, please tell me where the bullet connector goes.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8515&stc=1&d=1300496264

I should probably add that I have the shop manual, assembly manual, and colorized wiring diagram CD and none of them show this option!

Edited by 69RavenConv

Found the bulb ... think my problem was I was always searching for GE 256, and nothing would ever come up and no autoparts store could ever come up with a cross reference either.

Googled "Automotive Bulb 256" and found three sources ...

http://www.bulbtown.com/256_MINIATURE_BULB_BA9S_BASE_FLASHER_p/256.htm

and

http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/sr256.html

and

http://bobgreiner.tripod.com/id38.htm

Third source is a trip back to "lost-in space", got to check it out !!

Others came up but no mention of it being a "flashing" bulb (nor did the filament look like the flashing type), so I'd not trust these sources.

Doug

is there a good source I can order this warning light from and install it (even though I don't have that option on my mach that I know of)? It seems 9 times out of 10 I drive with my parking brake on and don't notice it for awhile, and it makes me very angry every time. Luckily I don't set it often since I have an auto, but I definitely would more if I was confident I wouldn't leave it on.

Like Buening said, they're available but you'll probably have to hunt around. You'll need the switch that mounts to the parking brake pedal, the harness that includes the bulb socket, and the bezel. To be correct, you'll also need the bus bar and accessory cable that maniac pictured above, although any switched 12V is probably ok.

Googling "69 mustang parking brake warning light" turned up a few pieces.

Like Buening said, they're available but you'll probably have to hunt around. You'll need the switch that mounts to the parking brake pedal, the harness that includes the bulb socket, and the bezel. To be correct, you'll also need the bus bar and accessory cable that maniac pictured above, although any switched 12V is probably ok.

Googling "69 mustang parking brake warning light" turned up a few pieces.

I know I'm posting to an old thread, (and I've posted this on another mustang forum) but the solution to this is easy. Buy the switch from west coast classic cougars (used) mount it to the brake mechanism (one screw) and run a single wire to pin #6 on the back of the connector on your instrument panel (for a non tach car). Your brake system light now doubles as a parking brake "on" light.

Ray

They are a simple add-on and can be found on Ebay. Be prepared for about $100 for the complete setup though

I have multiple copies of the parking brake harness, and I manufacture the fuse box buss bar and extension wire. Both can be had for about $35. PM me if you are still in need of these.