Sign in to follow this  
robert smith

hood molding

I talked to a friend who works with Dennis Carpenter and they are close to releasing the 69 Hood moldings made from original tooling. Clips/nuts will be included. Price should be in the $65.00 range. Lets hope they are nice

I talked to a friend who works with Dennis Carpenter and they are close to releasing the 69 Hood moldings made from original tooling. Clips/nuts will be included. Price should be in the $65.00 range. Lets hope they are nice

like the one on mustangs plus??

I was just about to buy one in the next week or two but will hold off if the Carpenter products are an improvement. What are the main weaknesses of the repops currently on the market? This molding is so simple that I would not expect fit to be a problem as it so often is with many of the other repop moldings.

Regards,

T.

I was just about to buy one in the next week or two but will hold off if the Carpenter products are an improvement. What are the main weaknesses of the repops currently on the market? This molding is so simple that I would not expect fit to be a problem as it so often is with many of the other repop moldings.

Regards,

T.

I called a partner of Daniel and he said this is on the back burner.

They found there is way more work restoring all the dies to make this

part than they have time for.

I found a good option for all you guys looking for another option.

If you can find an original in fairly good shape, you can send it out to Mcnichols in Redmond Michigan.

http://www.mcnicholsanodizing.com/

They staighten, polish, and re-anodize it.

Mine cost me $140 to do and is looks better than a shelf worn NOS one that goes for $750!

Here's a PDF of my orginal submission to Mustang Monthy, has a couple of sketches showing the customized retaining clips.

As we have become more visual in this internet age ... THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES comes to mind ... I thought this may be helpfull.

Doug

Thanks for the info Doug I will make sure I do this mod to my 69 hood moulding when the time comes.

If your looking for a fastener to replace the week stock then give these a try.they are much stroger and fit perfect I found them by trial and error .Another plus is they would be a exact match excluding the fact that are built heavier.

If your looking for a fastener to replace the week stock then give these a try.they are much stroger and fit perfect I found them by trial and error .Another plus is they would be a exact match excluding the fact that are built heavier.

Where can you get those fastners?.

A Chrysler and GM part fromt the "Oy Vayy" Company. That right there is funny! Good find though!

Although I have a bunch of originals, I dont think I am putting any chrome on the 70 as there is way too much and I would be way to pissed off at the quality of any repop stuff I was missing and forced to buy. It doesnt really fit the theme I have in mind anyway.