Sign in to follow this  
dpuwookie79

2011 5.0 stang

Any of you guys own one? I've been drooling over them for some time...and now that they've stopped production of them, and started the 2012, I'm considering selling my truck and buying one. Not sure if I'd be looking for a vert or coupe yet. I test drove a coupe earlier today...I'm in love with that engine! I talked to the dealer for about an hour...he was willing to give me a $37k stickered coupe for $33k and a $41.5k vert for ~$37k. I'm sure there is still some wiggle room, from what I've gathered of googling/random internet research. What do you guys think of those prices? Anyone have a vert that can comment on road noise (the one they listed me was at another dealership)?

Any of you guys own one? I've been drooling over them for some time...and now that they've stopped production of them, and started the 2012, I'm considering selling my truck and buying one. Not sure if I'd be looking for a vert or coupe yet. I test drove a coupe earlier today...I'm in love with that engine! I talked to the dealer for about an hour...he was willing to give me a $37k stickered coupe for $33k and a $41.5k vert for ~$37k. I'm sure there is still some wiggle room, from what I've gathered of googling/random internet research. What do you guys think of those prices? Anyone have a vert that can comment on road noise (the one they listed me was at another dealership)?

watching this thread!!!... i have been drooling also... wanting the brembo package...!!:punk: its just nice to not have a car payment at the moment...

I got a new 2011 Shelby GT-500 back in Sept and the 2011 Mustang lineup is unbelievable. I test drove two V-6's with the 305 hp motors thinking my wife might want one. I was amazed at the power, ride quality, and handling of the V-6 line. One of those would run off and hide from my 1970 Mach 1 with 351C-4V and 5-speed (yes, a T-5) and it runs pretty good. While at the dealership looking at V-6's my wife didn't act too enthused about a Mustang for her but asked me if I liked the '11 Shelby sitting in the showroom. I was kind of surprised and said, "Oh Hell yeah". She turned to the salesman and said, "We'll take that one for him", pointing at me. I was shocked to say the least but found out later she had been planning this with the help of another Mustang friend (and Shelby owner) plus the dealership. They knocked $3,000+ off the sticker (brought it down to $46K) gave me an extra $1500 trade-in on my 2003 Mach 1 over trade-in value and I became a Shelby GT-500 owner.

I have a couple of buddies with '11 5.0's and they love them. One has a 'vert and the other a coupe. My Shelby is a daily driver and I've got about 5,000 miles on it now. I actually get 17 mpg in my daily commute of 10 miles through rush hour traffic and have see 23 to 25 mpg on trips. The new 5.0 is rated at even better mpg and another 2010 Shelby GT-500 friend told me it felt as strong as his car did stock on a recent test drive he took in one.

If I was ever going to buy a new Mustang, it would be one of the new 2011 or 2012 models. The base V-6, 5.0, or Shelby GT-500 are all three amazing cars.

I'm in the same situation stangme...no car payment...for the moment. I went down to the local ford dealer and strolled around for a while...and a 2011 GT premium caught my eye. Candy apple red. It had a couple of options on it I didn't really care for, but it seemed like the dealer was willing to negotiate the price...after only 30 minutes, I had x-plan plus the $1500 rebate. I'd be more comfortable, myself, if they could get it a bit closer to $30k. The guy told me that they stopped production of the 2011 models a couple of months ago, and are expecting the 2012's to be in between 6-8 weeks. It's unbelievable to me that they would start 2012 production, before 2010 was even over! I guess we'll see how willing they are to deal! Here are a couple pics of it:

dpuwookie79 - yeah my employer gets the X plan i believe for being supplier - i have resisted a test drive of an '11 ... im waiting to finish my 69 project - i purchased a 96 cobra the first time i started rebuilding my 69 .... lol... so im so close this time im doing my best to wait....

watching the Boss 302 - Ford remakes a legend as i type this is not helping.....

I'm in the same situation stangme...no car payment...for the moment. I went down to the local ford dealer and strolled around for a while...and a 2011 GT premium caught my eye. Candy apple red. It had a couple of options on it I didn't really care for, but it seemed like the dealer was willing to negotiate the price...after only 30 minutes, I had x-plan plus the $1500 rebate. I'd be more comfortable, myself, if they could get it a bit closer to $30k. The guy told me that they stopped production of the 2011 models a couple of months ago, and are expecting the 2012's to be in between 6-8 weeks. It's unbelievable to me that they would start 2012 production, before 2010 was even over! I guess we'll see how willing they are to deal! Here are a couple pics of it:

I got an e-mail back in late December from Shelby American that if I wanted to order a 2011 Shelby GT-350 I had to have the order in by 31 Dec 2010. That was the last day Ford would be building 2011 model year Mustangs before they starting swapping over to building the 2012 models. Shelby American takes the new 5.0 GT's and turns them into Shelby GT-350's just like Shelby did back in 1965/66 with the original GT-350's. The GT-500's get build in Flat Rock, Michigan down the same lines as the regular Mustangs.

The new GT-350's come standard with a 525 hp supercharged 5.0 and has a package price of $33,995 on top of the price of a 2011 5.0 Mustang GT. So you're talking nearly $65K for a Shelby GT-500. Kinda makes a $50K GT-500 seem like a bargin (LOL).

http://shelbyautos.com/buildone/2011gt350-exterior.asp

I had an 05 V6. It was a great car, but I sold it after 2 years. Myself, I'm gonna wait for the BOSS to come back. That looks like a GREAT car !!! But Im not sure what the cost will be....

I asked the dealer the other day when they would expect them in the show room and how much they'd run. He said they'd be in within the next 6-8 weeks and will run ~$50k sticker. This site seems to corroborate that: http://www.insidemusclecars.com/blog/1051727_mustang-boss-302s-prices-revealed

Would be a great unique car, but too much $$$ for my blood...I think I will get plenty out of the GT prem I'm looking at :)

$50k? Is that the Laguna Seca edition or is that even more? Crazy. I would just use the red track key all the time, lol. Those who saw the Boss show know what I'm talking about... and industry first special key changes the tune program. :)

$50k? Is that the Laguna Seca edition or is that even more? Crazy. I would just use the red track key all the time, lol. Those who saw the Boss show know what I'm talking about... and industry first special key changes the tune program. :)

I believe that's just the regular Boss 302! I know...it's ridiculous. Especially that dealer markup! Anyway, on the topic of the regular 5.0...I may have found one I'm willing to put money on. I could order a 2012, but there aren't really that many changes coming to it....especially considering I can get the 2011 for ~$2k cheaper, equipped identically. I'll let you guys know if the deal goes through!

Cops have already tailed you home eh?

I finally watched that from my DVR this past weekend, I thought it was great that they brought Parnelli out for approval. Someone in Hollywood is going to use that key thing in a movie chase scene if they are smart.

Edited by Pakrat

I may have blown a bit of my '69 budget this last weekend :bored:. May have to hold off on paint for a while, but it shouldn't take much more to get her on the road in primer more consistently!

Nice looking ride !! I see ya have the cops watching ya already !!

Nice looking ride !! I see ya have the cops watching ya already !!

Ha! He was actually the first one to come out and look at the stang. He asked me how fast it would go. I replied, "I don't know, why don't you grab your badge and come along for a ride?" He smiled and said he'd like to sometime soon.