Sign in to follow this  
dpuwookie79

Wookie's 69 vert

I installed a 60 amp Powermaster alternator in mine. Currently running an Alpine head unit with iPod integration cable, 4 4x6 speakers and an 8" powered sub. Works great. If you wanted to be on the safe side you could step up to the 100 amp which I think would probably be more than enough. You also have the option of install capacitors in-line between the battery and amp which will help regulate the power to the amp.

well... learn from my mistake, i ordered what seems to be a large body 3G alternator, 200A and it is against the head.. mind you i have aftermarket cleveland heads on a windsor block .... and a new billet bracket setup...

im on the prowl for a 140a power master alternator ...

Given what you guys have said, here's the setup I'm looking at so far:

Alternator: http://www.amazon.com/Powermaster-Systems-8-57140-Upgrade-Alternator/dp/B000GVK63E

I like this alternator because it has a high idle amperage (80 amps idle - 140 amps highway). Realistically, I'll be powering my lights, a heater blower, and the audio amp off of that, so I think it will be more than enough!

Amp: http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-PDX-5-Amplifier-4-channel-Mono-power/dp/B0016AJS5Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328323330&sr=8-1

Amp power: http://www.amazon.com/KnuKonceptz-KCA-Complete-Gauge-Installation/dp/B005IY3BI6/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1328321513&sr=1-5

I already have this head unit: http://www.cjponyparts.com/product.aspx?p=USA630B&utm_source=google&utm_medium=merchant&utm_campaign=shopping

I doubt I'll have the money to finish it this year, but this is what I'm thinking thus far :) I found out all 4 of my wheels are irrepairably bent... so I'll be saving for a new set of those first.

Also, where did you guys find room for those size of speakers? Thanks for the input and keep it coming!

Edited by dpuwookie79

I installed 2 4x6 speakers in the kick panels using aftermarket kick panels with the built in speaker pods. I then fabricated a bracket and installed 2 6x9 speakers in the center of the dash instead of having one center speaker. This also gives me more control over the speakers by wiring the dash speakers as the front and the kick panel speakers as the back. So I have front and rear fade and left right balance. The 8" powered sub in my trunk has more than enough thump.

Here's the thread on here that shows my whole install:

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=9248&highlight=vert+sound+system

I also purchased all of my components from Crutchfield. They are awesome. Just tell their sales rep what you want to install and price range and they tell you exactly what you need and help you build the best system for your budget.

I like the look of the hood stripe on your Vert, did you use the Boss 302 striping measurements?.

Not exactly, I gave the body shop several pictures of what I thought looked good on the build and they did a great job of reproducing it :). I didn't buy stencils or anything. I'm modeling the build after BigSecz's 70 vert. I'm not sure if he used a stencling kit or tape to add stripes to his ride. I decided to have the body shop paint them on. If you're curious about measurements, I can post them when I get the car back!

I like the look of the hood stripe on your Vert, did you use the Boss 302 striping measurements?.

Not exactly, I gave the body shop several pictures of what I thought looked good on the build and they did a great job of reproducing it :). I didn't buy stencils or anything. I'm modeling the build after BigSecz's 70 vert. I'm not sure if he used a stencling kit or tape to add stripes to his ride. I decided to have the body shop paint them on. If you're curious about measurements, I can post them when I get the car back!

Yes that would be GREAT if you could me the measurements of the hood stripe when you get the car back. I would greatly appreciate that.

Yes that would be GREAT if you could me the measurements of the hood stripe when you get the car back. I would greatly appreciate that.

Hey Wookie, just one note for you on the black out tail panel, if they haven't completely finished painting yet you may want to move that tape line down to the next lower crease and paint that extra 1" plus of area, this part doesn't get completely hidden by the bumper and seeing that one thin line of body color between the black and the chrome can look a bit odd some times.

Hey Wookie, just one note for you on the black out tail panel, if they haven't completely finished painting yet you may want to move that tape line down to the next lower crease and paint that extra 1" plus of area, this part doesn't get completely hidden by the bumper and seeing that one thin line of body color between the black and the chrome can look a bit odd some times.

I see you opted not to use the maier trunklid. Probably a good decision. I've got over 40 hours invested in mine just to get it close to looking decent and I still have some work to do on the endcaps.

Rangerdoc and 70mstang had a difficult time with theirs as well.

All I can say is, when it's finally done, I hope I NEVER get rear-ended.

I see you opted not to use the maier trunklid. Probably a good decision. I've got over 40 hours invested in mine just to get it close to looking decent and I still have some work to do on the endcaps.

Rangerdoc and 70mstang had a difficult time with theirs as well.

All I can say is, when it's finally done, I hope I NEVER get rear-ended.

Eh, I guess I'll see how it looks when I start putting things back together. We've already taken the car and are planning to move it back up to my place this next weekend. Hope it doesn't turn out to be an issue, but we'll see.

Edit: Pak, I see what you are saying. Here's another '69 vert that did something similar to me: http://www.remarkablecars.com/main/ford/1969-mustang-001.html

Edited by dpuwookie79