Sign in to follow this  
m3rol

What tire size in a 69 mustang with 17x9 bullit rims

Hi !

I just bought a set of bullit rims from a 2002 mustang for my 69, with no tires.

Rims size are 17" height and 9" width. I'm afraid of clearance and steering problems in the front.

My idea was to put on the front wheels, tires with low profile, and in the rear wheels, tires with bigger profile .

For you that have 17's , what sizes are you using?

thanks in advance ;D

well, I found someone who sells a new set of gooyear 245/45/17 for something like 380dlls .

Tomorrow i'll be checking them and then I'll post my opinion. I hope there will be no clearance issues.

:001_tt2:

first off, if they are originally from a 2002 mustang they are not 9" wide. Original bullets are only 8" wide.

But to answer your question about the 245/45's fitting, yes they will fit

that is probably the biggest in the front you can fit without mods

you can fit a 275/40 in rear without mods

Agree if they are OEM wheels they are 8", I had an 02 GT and tried to put the Bullits on my 70 Mach and they did not fit. It was a couple years ago but I think it was hitting the upper ball joints, cant remember for sure. If you do some checking you will find a kit to mount late model Bullits on the older cars, its basicly just spacers, but it will make them fit.

As far as tire size you will be fine with a 245/45-17 or 245/40-17

On my car now I have AR Torque Thrust M's on 245/40-17 front and 255/45-17 rear but the wheels were ordered for a 1970

I am running a 17X8 on the front of my 69 with a 1 inch spacer and the 245/45 with no issues. Rear is fine with that size or larger on that rim. Running the 18X10 with a 305 on the rear of mine, but did roll fenders and inner as well to make some extra room