Sign in to follow this  
10851CVC

wanted 69 drum spindles and hubs

I am looking for a pair of 1969 mustang drum brake spindles and hubs. I am willing to purchase them or trade for them. I have a set of 1969 disc brake spindles with hubs/rotor/calipers all in great working condition to trade if wanted.

out of curiosity are you going with one of the aftermarket disc conversions that use the drum spindle or do you just have to have stock drums (crazy talk)?

I definately have some but they might be too rough for your liking. I will check it out this weekend.

OK, I figured. I will check them out this weekend... really. Last weekend I had to put a rack and pinion in the wifes Mountaineer on Saturday then I brought in firewood. Then on Sunday I picked up my next project, a 65 coupe, and spent the rest of the day working on that while watching the Jets win in OT... a good day it was.

out of curiosity are you going with one of the aftermarket disc conversions that use the drum spindle or do you just have to have stock drums (crazy talk)?

Unless you're going to be doing some kind of Racing, there is nothing wrong with properly installed, adjusted and maintained DRUM BRAKES. They have been around forever and are still being used as the Rear Brakes on many vehicles. I have Manual Drum Brakes all around on my '69 and they work fine. Takes a little more pedal pressure but it stops just fine.

Edited by jkskinsfan

Unless you're going to be doing some kind of Racing, there is nothing wrong with properly installed, adjusted and maintained DRUM BRAKES. They have been around forever and are still being used as the Rear Brakes on many vehicles. I have Manual Drum Brakes all around on my '69 and they work fine. Takes a little more pedal pressure but it stops just fine.

If you want to remain stock you can do that but I was just saying that if it were already disc ON the car (and not in a box in the attic) then I dont know why someone would swap to drum that's all.