Sign in to follow this  
10851CVC

Hydraulic clutch

Im going to be running a T56 pretty soon and I am curious if anyone on this forum has used a Hydraulic clutch setup with hydraulic throw out bearing. IF you have what transmission, and clutch setup are you using? Also where did you get your kit from or how/where did you piece it together from?

I run a hydraulic throwout bearing in my TKO. I have a Mcleod throwout bearing with a Wilwood master cylinder. I fabricated my own linkage for the master cylinder. My car was a basket case when I bought it and the clutch system came with the car. The only way to go in my book for a clutch linkage.

IMG_7289_detail.JPG

IMG_8525_detail.JPG

Edited by maxum96

I'm also running a hyd throwout bearing that I just recently installed. I also have a Tremec TKO like Maxum. The TO bearing is from RAM, the MC is a 3/4" AFCO that I was using previously with a slave cylinder. I much prefer the TO bearing to the slave cylinder. The pedal effort is greatly reduced while still keeping a relatively short stroke.

I use one. Came with my kit from Keisler (T45RS). Pretty sweet setup. I'm pretty sure the Master Cylinder is Wilwood. It has a small friction zone and disengages in only a few inches of pedal travel. I prefer a larger friction zone to be able to feather the clutch a little more on hills and things, but if you want to get off the line, the engagement is pretty quick.

I have a hydraulic clutch for my T5, installed to replace the cable clutch. Both clutch parts (and the T5) came from Modern Driveline. Although the cable is simple, the hydraulic made a HUGE difference on pedal pressure, and I would highly recommend that over cable, if that was an option you were considering.

I'm running the McLeod hydraulic throwout bearing in my T56. Other than it blowing the seals within 5 miles and having McLeod rebuild the thing (thus me removing the trans and reinstalling it after bearing rebuild), it is sweet. See my T56 conversion thread in my signature for more info. McLeod went to a new O-ring material that was supposed to be better, but with my bearing failure they swapped all O-rings to the original material.

Which version of a T56 are you using?