Rudolph Schenker

My 1969 Mach restomod project

Wow. Thanks for the pics man. A shop(tms) told me they can fit shorty headers but I wanted to verify with some of the guys on here. Also, would this mod swap have been easier to do with a 2001 cobra engine? You know, the lame one without the supercharger.

That I don't know. The supercharger (IAC valve) was the cause of the hood clearance problems. I'm not sure how much clearance the 2001 intake needs.

Reading through this thread is awesome and at the same time, very discouraging haha. I have a 2001 cobra engine and trans I want to put in my 69 but I want to get a feel for what its going to take. Thanks for posting all the pics and info about your build.

VERY clean install!

Who makes the 3 point seatbelt system you used?

The seat belts are from Summit Racing. I think they are Autoloc brand? They were a generic item and pretty reasonable (60-70 bucks). I used a plastic beauty clip to give the slots I cut in the rear trim pieces a "finished look". Those pieces I had left over from when I did my Vette a couple of years ago. I like the hidden retractor mechanism, it cleans up the interior.:001_smile:

This looks really similar to what you did. Clean appearing install too.

http://www.julianos.com/how2_3pt_mustang_custom.html

Yes, almost identical, except I mounted the retractor mechanism perpendicular to the the side of the car. I re-enforced the floor pan seam right behind the floor bracket for the rear arm rest trim. I think it will work well.

Is that the original hood with the cowl vent welded on over the top?

No, despite my best efforts I couldn't get the original hood to clear the engine. The hood is a fiberglass cowl hood. The fitment was good and the finish good. It didn't require much prep.:001_smile: I even got it from CJ Pony.

Wow, this is an impressive build!!! Moreover, it was done at light speed!!! Takes me two weeks just to decide how to plumb my shop for compressed air. Guess that's the difference between light speed and mach speed. Thanks for sharing.

Wow, this is an impressive build!!! Moreover, it was done at light speed!!! Takes me two weeks just to decide how to plumb my shop for compressed air. Guess that's the difference between light speed and mach speed. Thanks for sharing.

My wife teases me that this is supposed to be a hobby. I just don't like unfinished things:innocent:: I'm kinda looking for another project!:yes:

Does the track width remain the same as stock with the mustang 2 suspension? Also, did you lose ground clearance in the front with the m2 crossmember?

Yes I lost some ground clearance, fortunately there is some adjustability with the height on the coil overs. I have 350lbs springs in front and am thinking about changing them for this very reason. I'm not sure about the track width, maybe somebody smarter than me can answer this.

Edited by Rudolph Schenker

I love your car dude. If you dont mind, can you measure your ride height at the front fender? and if you REALLY dont mind, can you measure how much ground clearance you have under the mustang 2 cross member? Im worried that if I follow in your footsteps, I may have to raise my car to avoid hitting stuff on the road since that cross member hangs below the front frame rails. Last time I measured my car, the fender lip was right at about 24" off the ground. I kinda want to lower the car another inch all around but the front spoiler already scrapes just about everything.

I love your car dude. If you dont mind, can you measure your ride height at the front fender? and if you REALLY dont mind, can you measure how much ground clearance you have under the mustang 2 cross member? Im worried that if I follow in your footsteps, I may have to raise my car to avoid hitting stuff on the road since that cross member hangs below the front frame rails. Last time I measured my car, the fender lip was right at about 24" off the ground. I kinda want to lower the car another inch all around but the front spoiler already scrapes just about everything.

Ya, I can measure it for you. I'm out of town till this weekend, but when I get back I' ll do it. You are right, the spoiler scrapes on almost everything:001_unsure: