Sign in to follow this  
Revrandall

front suspension advice, opinions wanted

Any experience or opinions on the Gateway suspension system featured in the August Mustang Monthly? I've got a 69 convertible that I've had since 1973, and I really need to update a few things to make it safer to drive. Suspension and brakes are a necessity. I really need to make the changes once, as I don't have a lot of money or ability left.

Thanks for the reply. I may end up doing that and doing the Shelby change, lowering the upper A-arm and better springs and bigger sway bar. The Gateway kit looked simple and no cutting or welding, so it could go back to stock if I wanted. It is a little newer technology, but newer isn't always better.

I used Global West tubular upper control arms with roller spring perches. Not cutting edge technology, but nice upgrade from stock. I also boxed in my stock lower control arms. Stiffened them up tremendously.

IMG_7267_detail.JPG

Call opentracker racing.....Runragged just installed all his stuff, and i just ordered my suspension from him....Ragged's car drives GREAT, and out handles my 77Trans Am in the curvy roads.....I jsut spent 1300.00 and got new front springs, new 4.5 leaf reverse eye rear springs, 1 1/8" sway bar, and a complete granada front brake kit which includes the spindles and eveything to install the kit...I did how ever build my own Lower roller control arms, roller perches, and adjustable strut rods.

Opentracker stuff is the way to go......get his roller lowers, roller perches and if you really wana get serious get the toller UCA's

Mike

Thanks for the info.. Gives me some more options. I've read the Magazine articles and looked at the catalogues, but ofcourse, every company claims their systems are the best. This site is great. Hearing from people who have tried the products. I've got a few weeks before I'm ready to begin that phase of my restoration.

Call opentracker racing.....Runragged just installed all his stuff, and i just ordered my suspension from him....Ragged's car drives GREAT, and out handles my 77Trans Am in the curvy roads.....I jsut spent 1300.00 and got new front springs, new 4.5 leaf reverse eye rear springs, 1 1/8" sway bar, and a complete granada front brake kit which includes the spindles and eveything to install the kit...I did how ever build my own Lower roller control arms, roller perches, and adjustable strut rods.

Opentracker stuff is the way to go......get his roller lowers, roller perches and if you really wana get serious get the toller UCA's

Mike

+2 for John