Sign in to follow this  
eng0270

Flex-a-Lite Overflow Tank ... Anyone have one?

I was wondering if anyone has installed this unit on there mustang out there? I have the same problem as Dline w/ my engine running a little hot ... hovers right around 200 deg, and then i end up w/ more then a couple drips of antifreeze on the driveway. I was thinking about installing one of these units. Anyone install one of these and have any issues w/ it? I am open to any other suggestions as well!

JSYK ... I installed a new 13lb radiator cap thinking that may help but still had a couple drips sneak out.

I think every car should run an overflow tank simply for environmental reasons but just to throw it out there, the number one reason that cars puke to begin with isn't so much that it's running a little hot but that your radiator is just too full. When cool the water should never be higher than the top of the fins. Most people think it needs to be full to the top though, this is why when it gets hot and expands it pukes, the water has no where else to go.