Sign in to follow this  
Max Power

Off to the body shop

I Second that. My garage is body shop welding shop and junk storage all in one. Half the time I cant even get to the door.

How much is the body shop doing for you?

count your blessings and your dollars I guess... my garage IS my body shop, lol.

I Second that. My garage is body shop welding shop and junk storage all in one. Half the time I cant even get to the door.

How much is the body shop doing for you?

Stripping it bare, new fender, hood, trim, floorboards, radiator core support etc. In California car fashion, the floorboards were rotting from the inside out.

It's a solid car with 40 years of dings, dents, gaps, accident damage etc.

I am making a champagne gold GT clone.

Took me 12 years of saving for all this, so don't get discouraged.

at least u have a garage, all my work is done in my drive way, and all my parts are in the garage lol

Atleast you have a garage, all my work is done in my driveway, and all my parts are in my bedroom in the closets, under the bed, leaning against the wall etc. :lol: I wish I had a garage!!

Stripping it bare, new fender, hood, trim, floorboards, radiator core support etc. In California car fashion, the floorboards were rotting from the inside out.

It's a solid car with 40 years of dings, dents, gaps, accident damage etc.

I am making a champagne gold GT clone.

Took me 12 years of saving for all this, so don't get discouraged.

Not discouraged yet. Just frustrated. I have been working on it for 2 years next month and the underside is almost completely done. I stripped it completely to bare metal. Built a sub-frame. Epoxy primed and Undercoated the bottom. Then cover that with semigloss black. Modified and installed an 8.8 Rear out of a 96 Cobra. With the rear disk brakes. Rear brake lines are done minus a couple retainer clips. I pulled it off of the rotisserie last weekend and set the motor in yesterday. Got problems with parts that I don't think went to the car but getting it narrowed down. 5 leaf springs are from a 67 and seem way to stiff. Front springs did not give more than 1/4" when I sat the motor in I think they are wrong too. The worst part so far is hours and hours of searching through buckets of parts for that one little fastener or bracket. I Got the car in pieces but it was a piratically free. So I cant complain or at least I shouldn't.

Hopefully you have all of your hardware separated and marked it will save you hours.

Champagne Gold should look good. We have one running around in our home town that is a beautiful restoration. Not Concourse but darn close.

Are you doing any mods or keeping it original?

yeah... wouldnt need 1200 square feet plus an attic full of parts though!

Besides I also have a two car attached garage on the house!

That sounds like heaven to me... I am working in 450 Square feet. And I have to open the door to walk around the car. Several of the neighbors want to stop and talk. Not that I mind talking but when I am working on the car I prefer to be left alone. Just ask my wife :)

Hopefully you have all of your hardware separated and marked it will save you hours.

Champagne Gold should look good. We have one running around in our home town that is a beautiful restoration. Not Concourse but darn close.

Are you doing any mods or keeping it original?

Yup, got the hardware bagged & tagged but I have worked on a lot of these over the years, so they aren't much of a mystery to me anymore.

I have big springs and bars in the suspension, and it has about a 450hp 393 stroker already built.

Actually, the floorboards. This was a California car, and I bought it in Fresno in 98 for $2200 bucks. It was a central valley car for a good portion of it's life, but it sold in the bay area.

The floorboards looked great from underneath, but when I pulled the carpet, there was bonded fiberglass mat underlay, and when I pulled that up, pinhole rust city!

I guess all the water in the bay area has gotten the carpet damp and it was rusting from the inside out. The fiberglass repairs probably occurred during an early 80s resto where it was painted red from the original silver jade. The didn't have replacement floor pans then.

So I am doing two long sections.