Daves69Coupe

My 69 coupe (marilyn) progress thread

heres a couple pics from this Mon-Wed. Usually I'd be working these days but thanks to Irene flooding half of jersey I got paid to take off 3 days (office closed) and work on my car instead. So I glued in the rear window, put in the carpet, harnesses and back seats. Seats will eventually be black but staying red for now. Ill be working on getting the dash in the rest of the week then back on engine once the last pulley comes in.

been a couple weeks since my last update, so here it goes.

Ive been working on a lot of wiring to figure out what was missing from my harness, where everything hooks up, what the PO wire wrong?

So I was missing the engine temp, oil temp and coil harness as well as sensors (ordered), driver side light harness (ordered and installed).

The PO also had the ignition switch wired wrong so I had to remove it and re-wire it. Just gotta get a couple circle electrical connectors that fit the ignition switch.

Installed my 69" serpentine belt, powers steering lines, headlights and radiator hose. I was also missing the heater hose fitting for the manifold, so once that comes in Ill hook up everything to the waterpump and manifold and give it a go at starting.

been making slow progrss on the car lastely do to the fact the car and I are in 2 different places. I moved to a new place a couple months ago but havent brought the car over yet. The plan was to drive the car over but I havent gotten the car to fire yet from the ignition switch. So i have some elec gremlins to figure out.

i have been able to do the front brakes and mounted the side mirror. Car looks so wierd with a mirror after not having them on for 2 years.

I also bought new grill trim during Cjponys 20% off sale. I got new Hood trim also. Cars going to be going into shop soon to have the bosy finished up, then to its new 2 car garage where i currently live.

wow I cant believe I havent updated my build in almost a year. So since my last update, the car is running, brakes all work, lighting is done, still have some elec fan wiring to complete.

Just need to finish paint, insure and register to get her road worthy. Then begins the process of upgrading her. Manual swap and possibly dropping the 390FE in it that i picked up last year.

heres a pic of how she currently sits.

so ive been working on alot of lil things to finish up the car and also making some of my own personel touches to make the car different.

im currently working on making flush mounted taillights, installing front splitter supports from joes racing products, and installing all the door weatherstripping and door cards.

I plan on adding a small spoiler of the back of the trunk maybe an inch or 2 tall and angled. Gonna be made of steel and welded on. I know theres carbon fiber/ fiberglass options but there to big for my liking. I also plan on making my own radiator grill cover http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCatalog/GrillParts/grill_masks.htm

Future plans:

T5 trans swap from C4.

Roll cage