Daves69Coupe

My 69 coupe (marilyn) progress thread

Wanted to update my build thread with what Ive done the past two weeks. The steering racks back in, with new tie rods and rebuilt control valve. Front windshield was installed and the front end has been attached. Heres some pics of car (mistress) and one of gf sitting in my mistress.

I like how you're doing your build, now that i look at your front spoiler, no doubt I'll be getting one.

thanks man. The builds been a long process, working on it on weekends and during the week when I have free time but seeing the car come together like this is making it all worth it.

The front spoiler gives the car a meaner look. Definently an awesome add on to our cars.

It's coming along nice dude. I'm so jealous because I haven't been able to work on mine lately. But you're making good progress.

I hear ya man, its hard making time. I just force myself some days. Whether its skipping the gym or not hanging with the girl, I have had to make sacrifices.

I was able to get the rear brake lines in last night. Just got hook up the hose from the rear axle to intermediate brake line that runs from the front to the rear of the car. I tried undo the old one last night but the nut on the brake line wouldnt turn so I sprayed it with WD-40 and letting it sit. Hopefully itll loosing it up.

new oil pan is in. Was a real pain to do with the engine in the car. Had to remove the enigne cross member, sway bar, and slave cylinder for power steering to get old pan out and new one in. The biggest pain was keeping the gasket on during install. I used some some red tacky stuff to adhere the gasket to pan but it still moved around if it touched anything under the engine. Should of done it when I had the engine on the stand months ago but whatev new ones in and done.

new oil pan is in. Was a real pain to do with the engine in the car. Had to remove the enigne cross member, sway bar, and slave cylinder for power steering to get old pan out and new one in. The biggest pain was keeping the gasket on during install. I used some some red tacky stuff to adhere the gasket to pan but it still moved around if it touched anything under the engine. Should of done it when I had the engine on the stand months ago but whatev new ones in and done.