I just ordered the 729.99$$$ kit from painless for the 69-70 mustang. So well see how it goes. Ill let you know about my experience when I get it.

If you do want to get a painless one right now is a good time as there are offering a 100$$ rebate...

I just ordered the 729.99$$$ kit from painless for the 69-70 mustang. So well see how it goes. Ill let you know about my experience when I get it.

If you do want to get a painless one right now is a good time as there are offering a 100$$ rebate...

flight96 - thank you for posting the link to the Mustang Monthly article on that unbelievable ’69 mach 1. WOW!! What an amazing story and equally amazing car. It made my day seeing this. The photographs are super with each one revealing a wealth of fascinating and valuable information. I wish there were more!

Cheers,

Tony

flight96 - thank you for posting the link to the Mustang Monthly article on that unbelievable ’69 mach 1. WOW!! What an amazing story and equally amazing car. It made my day seeing this. The photographs are super with each one revealing a wealth of fascinating and valuable information. I wish there were more!

Cheers,

Tony

Cheers,

Tony

I did the Painless last summer. There were a few things I had issues with but if I were to do it again, I'd buy Painless again without a doubt. Many of the negative comments Painless harnesses get are that several of the wires need to be crimped, etc.

I did the Painless last summer. There were a few things I had issues with but if I were to do it again, I'd buy Painless again without a doubt. Many of the negative comments Painless harnesses get are that several of the wires need to be crimped, etc.

superduty69 and louie69 - Were you guys able to start from scratch or did you have to remove the old first? I have a fully wired car but it really sucks. Would it be best to just yank it all out then install the new? CJ Pony says it would take 24 man hours by pros. Do you think I can do it in one long weekend with a pop who is a good electro man with the proper tools for terminating and soldering, etc. I'd be interested in any tips for prepping and what to expect.

Also, did you use the Power Braid? Is that something I can add later?

superduty69 and louie69 - Were you guys able to start from scratch or did you have to remove the old first? I have a fully wired car but it really sucks. Would it be best to just yank it all out then install the new? CJ Pony says it would take 24 man hours by pros. Do you think I can do it in one long weekend with a pop who is a good electro man with the proper tools for terminating and soldering, etc. I'd be interested in any tips for prepping and what to expect.

Also, did you use the Power Braid? Is that something I can add later?

You will have to remove the old first. When i did mine the int. was out, dash,seats everything. Imo this is the easiest way, at least seats, upper dash and drivers side rear side panel will need to be removed.

In one weekend, im not sure. But i know i did not spend 24 hrs doing it. Now having a complete car and removing everything, run the wire and put it all back maybe 24 hrs for a pro is close.

Does Painless have the install inst. on there website??

I know i read the inst. that came in the kit several times before i even started.

Maybe a couple evenings to tear it apart and a long weekend to run wire and re assemble might be doable.

I did not use the Powerbraid, if you want to use it do it when you run the wire it would be easier than tearing it apart again.

John

You will have to remove the old first. When i did mine the int. was out, dash,seats everything. Imo this is the easiest way, at least seats, upper dash and drivers side rear side panel will need to be removed.

In one weekend, im not sure. But i know i did not spend 24 hrs doing it. Now having a complete car and removing everything, run the wire and put it all back maybe 24 hrs for a pro is close.

Does Painless have the install inst. on there website??

I know i read the inst. that came in the kit several times before i even started.

Maybe a couple evenings to tear it apart and a long weekend to run wire and re assemble might be doable.

I did not use the Powerbraid, if you want to use it do it when you run the wire it would be easier than tearing it apart again.

John