Sign in to follow this  
Boogerschnot

Look what I got today!!

A 1992 complete 5.0 and AOD all for $300!! The guy selling it had another buyer lined up for the weekend who wanted the torque converter and parts from the tranny so I just picked it all up. I plan on using the AOD for my 69 along with some 4.10's in the rear and just selling the 5.0 motor for about $200 or maybe part it out and try to get more. If I can. The car had 60,000 miles supposedly and ran great, so the guy says. They did a body swap. He wrecked his manual, built up fox body, and then found the car that this was in just for the body, swapped his motor and trans into it and junked the wrecked car. Sold me this to get it out of his garage.

0202001650.jpg

0202001650a.jpg

0202001650b.jpg

Edited by Boogerschnot

A 1992 complete 5.0 and AOD all for $300!! The guy selling it had another buyer lined up for the weekend who wanted the torque converter and parts from the tranny so I just picked it all up. I plan on using the AOD for my 69 along with some 4.10's in the rear and just selling the 5.0 motor for about $200 or maybe part it out and try to get more. If I can. The car had 60,000 miles supposedly and ran great, so the guy says. They did a body swap. He wrecked his manual, built up fox body, and then found the car that this was in just for the body, swapped his motor and trans into it and junked the wrecked car. Sold me this to get it out of his garage.

0202001650.jpg

0202001650a.jpg

0202001650b.jpg

Edited by Boogerschnot

Trinity, did that arrangement work for you? Because according to the lokar instructions, that arrangement is for cable actuated floor shifters. I installed it that way the first time and it was actually backwards. Park was first, first was park. Since the neutral safety switch didnt know any better, the engine would start but the tranny would already be in first gear. I have the stock shifter though so maybe that's why i had that problem.

I had to rotate the shift lever 180 degrees for it to work properly with the stock shifter. I dropped the pan and used a thin open end wrench to loosen the retaining nut on the inside. I did not have to drop the valve body. If using the stock shifter, the linkage rod will have to be modified.

Trinity, did that arrangement work for you? Because according to the lokar instructions, that arrangement is for cable actuated floor shifters. I installed it that way the first time and it was actually backwards. Park was first, first was park. Since the neutral safety switch didnt know any better, the engine would start but the tranny would already be in first gear. I have the stock shifter though so maybe that's why i had that problem.

I had to rotate the shift lever 180 degrees for it to work properly with the stock shifter. I dropped the pan and used a thin open end wrench to loosen the retaining nut on the inside. I did not have to drop the valve body. If using the stock shifter, the linkage rod will have to be modified.

I would definitely recommend the lokar tv cable. The instructions will help understand the cable situation. As for the linkage rod, i basically flipped mine and used some heat to bend it into shape. The already made rods sell for $50+ so for me it wasnt worth it. Some heat, a hammer, and patience will get the original to work.

I would definitely recommend the lokar tv cable. The instructions will help understand the cable situation. As for the linkage rod, i basically flipped mine and used some heat to bend it into shape. The already made rods sell for $50+ so for me it wasnt worth it. Some heat, a hammer, and patience will get the original to work.

I think i may have caused some confusion......

That above isn't my picture......and I couldn't remember how mine was so i just wanted to bring up the subject....it's been a couple years. Anyway.....these are of my car......my tv cable is on the bottom and the shift rod is on the top. here a pic of mine.....i know i have a leaking pan.....

bottom picture is of the way it used to be connected at the carb. lokar cables.

Sorry about that!!!....my bad didn't mean to pass bad info!:001_huh:

l_57e7d1e1b8814941aa16e47c5dc38459.jpg

l_643a21b1556f45ca8de15fa910e1f595.jpg

l_443943e7ae894de8a15b03bf0bfa579e.jpg

I think i may have caused some confusion......

That above isn't my picture......and I couldn't remember how mine was so i just wanted to bring up the subject....it's been a couple years. Anyway.....these are of my car......my tv cable is on the bottom and the shift rod is on the top. here a pic of mine.....i know i have a leaking pan.....

bottom picture is of the way it used to be connected at the carb. lokar cables.

Sorry about that!!!....my bad didn't mean to pass bad info!:001_huh:

l_57e7d1e1b8814941aa16e47c5dc38459.jpg

l_643a21b1556f45ca8de15fa910e1f595.jpg

l_443943e7ae894de8a15b03bf0bfa579e.jpg

On mine I bent it slightly but I had to oblong the hole on the transmission end. See in the picture where it looks like its adjusted almost all the way to the one end. Well I actually had to cut that hole slightly longer so I could adjust it back about a half inch further.

Hope that makes sense.......

On mine I bent it slightly but I had to oblong the hole on the transmission end. See in the picture where it looks like its adjusted almost all the way to the one end. Well I actually had to cut that hole slightly longer so I could adjust it back about a half inch further.

Hope that makes sense.......