Sign in to follow this  
hawkdriver

Headliner Replacement

Hey,

Quick question for the experts, im looking at getting my headliner done in my coupe. I do not wish to take on this job myself, so im farming it out. I have read that you must remove the front and rear windshields, however the upholstery shop im looking at does not believe you need to? Does anyone have a definitive answer. Also they are talking $95 an hours for labor and expecting 4-5 hrs, is this a fair price.

Thanks

Hey,

Quick question for the experts, im looking at getting my headliner done in my coupe. I do not wish to take on this job myself, so im farming it out. I have read that you must remove the front and rear windshields, however the upholstery shop im looking at does not believe you need to? Does anyone have a definitive answer. Also they are talking $95 an hours for labor and expecting 4-5 hrs, is this a fair price.

Thanks

Not an expert.....but have some practical experiance to speak of..........

rear window does need to come out....front does not. you will need to get another gasket for the rear.

i think that is a pretty hefty price. but if you want it done right then that may be the only option for you.

on the other havd...you could try it your self and if you mess it up then go to the shop.

Not an expert.....but have some practical experiance to speak of..........

rear window does need to come out....front does not. you will need to get another gasket for the rear.

i think that is a pretty hefty price. but if you want it done right then that may be the only option for you.

on the other havd...you could try it your self and if you mess it up then go to the shop.

LOL, I have a friend who repair guns. If you bring him a gun it's $80 an hour. If you bring him a box of parts it's $150 an hour. :biggrin:

LOL, I have a friend who repair guns. If you bring him a gun it's $80 an hour. If you bring him a box of parts it's $150 an hour. :biggrin:

Yea most upholstery shops charge about $300. There's a reason for that. As you'll discover if you do it yourself. Just like I did :whistling:. But although mine didn't come out looking professional, most people can't tell that it should be nice and tight. It doesn't sag. Looks tight, until you touch it hehe. I plan to it it again myself. The front window does not have to come out. When you replace the rear window gasket, remember to use ribbon sealer around the glass or it will leak. Ask me how I know.:tongue_smilie: But hey, I was 17 when I did it. They sell that sealer at Autozone for like $10 a roll.

Yea most upholstery shops charge about $300. There's a reason for that. As you'll discover if you do it yourself. Just like I did :whistling:. But although mine didn't come out looking professional, most people can't tell that it should be nice and tight. It doesn't sag. Looks tight, until you touch it hehe. I plan to it it again myself. The front window does not have to come out. When you replace the rear window gasket, remember to use ribbon sealer around the glass or it will leak. Ask me how I know.:tongue_smilie: But hey, I was 17 when I did it. They sell that sealer at Autozone for like $10 a roll.